SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angela_wacker11

"Painters" have ruined our house

Angela Wacker
2 years ago

Two months ago we hired a professional paint company (or a pack of wild hyenas with paint brushes). We did check their references. They had good reviews online and we settled on a contract paying 1/3 up front, 1/3 midway and 1/3 at the end. They estimated 2-3 weeks for completion. They were not close to being finished before our floors were to scheduled done after being on the job for 5 weeks so they came back afterward. What I didn't know is that they are not licensed, my husband gave them additional money due to paint shortages and they are the WORST "painters" in the world. They have ruined every inch of my trim, doors, NEW hardwood flooring, hardware, etc...Sloppy work, broken and missing items, and improper prep (repeatedly painted latex over oil based trim, doors and paneling) throughout the 3800 square foot house. They caulked and painted over drywall debris, dirt, etc...And left all of our doors, custom shutters and built-in drawers outside in the rain, spray painted them a little bit and then stacked up outside. They have been fired at this point because after 3 meetings to discuss issues, they still failed to fix anything, just made it worse. We also learned the "president" or manager of the company is a felon and is on parole (not sure what for) so my husband wants us just to walk away and not pursue damages out of fear. I'm just in tears over this and am struggling to find any painter who is willing to fix their mistakes. I'm guessing the only thing that can be done is 1) strip all latex over oil-based surfaces and prep properly and repaint or 2) tear out all custom trim and doors and install new. Just wanted to vent. I have hundreds of photos but these are just a few...

Comments (8)