SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eric_kondel

Remodeling kitchen, looking for info on induction ranges

Eric
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and need to pick out appliances. I have used Gas most my life but it not an option since I have no gas in our new home. I've used glass electric cooktop for past 7 years but want to try induction.

I was concerned mostly about the size of the elements on most of the ranges I saw. I use mostly stainless steel pans, my 12inch and sometimes my 14inch the most (cook for a large family). I like being able to pan fry 3 or 4 chicken cutlets at a time, or being able to fry up a batch of peppers an onions. Anyway, I see most of them on the higher end have an 11 inch element, then 2 7 inch or 8 inch elements that combine more for a griddle type use.

I like the price on the lower priced Frigidaire Gallery induction Range with convection and air fry but the elements on that seem too small at 8.3" being the largest. So I was wondering if there were any induction ranges that had a 9inch and a 11 inch element? I seen the Thermador Cooktop that pretty much the entire cooktop was the element and it read the pan size you put down but at 5k+ that is out of my budget. My budget is roughly 3-3.5k for the range and currently I don't have the plan in mind to do a cooktop and single wall oven.

As a side note, what happens if you use a smaller pan on a larger induction element and vice versa a larger pan on a smaller element?

Comments (11)