SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
controlit

Assistance needed with soffit lights! Thank you!

controlit
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi there,

Renovating a one bedroom apartment in Manhattan. I took down a soffit that was not ideal over the bed and had figured I would just biuild a nicer one to replace it but...I liked it so much, I did it around the room! I will have LED rope light installed on the edge of the soffit in the center but am unsure how many recessed lights to do on the other walls..The original idea was 4 lights on the wall where the bed is going..but seems like more on the other soffits might be a good idea...Thoughts appreciated! The room measures about 13' x 13' and the soffits are 3" deep and 16" wide.

I just am researching for the LED strip lights and can use some feedback as well! Seems COB white 24 volt warm white might be best but also for fun, i might run an RGB strip as well. I am new to LED and know it's changing fast. Still considering just RGB +W but am looking for the best quality as far as the white goes.. There is a dedicated lightswitch that will control the recessed lights.. not 100% certain how the LED will be controlled but minimally a remote/app and hopefully a switch as well...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!