A question regarding eyeglass measurements
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
Related Discussions
questions regarding the squares used in square foot gardening....
Comments (8)Got you, took a while, if the packet says thin to 3 inches a row, space rows 12 inches appart, you take the spaceing as your base, so the plants are 3 inches apart all round. 4 inch spacing, 4 all round so a big plant, say cabbage says thin to 18 inches, then therotically, you should give 18 inches all round, I don't! I give them 9" and stagger the rows, as a lot of that space is loose leaves and cuts down on the weeds. I also don't plant a whole Sq foot of say carrot at a time except at the beginning of the season, as with the best will in the world I can't eat 16 of them every 2 weeks, so I plant 8, then 8 and if any arn't showing I replace them. if you can afford it, I would buy the book, as when you go through it, it all starts to come clear? (amazon was the best price I got and at the mo, I think they have a 2 day free shipping, don't know on what, but maybe worth looking at) take a lot of stuff in the book with a pinch of salt (such as mel's mix...sacrilege...burn the witch!), but a really easy read, and some good money saving ideas. hope I got what you meant?...See MoreQuestion regarding moisture level in wood
Comments (11)@JFCWood: Since there is a (finished) basement underneath, it is some type of composite material, and the installer put some black (felt?) over it before laying in the new floor. The floor was site finished. I've measured the humidity in the basement, and it ranges between 40-50%. @gregmills: Your input is much appreciated. I've had my floor installer come out and look at it. There is definitely a moisture problem, and we may have found the source - I'll fix it and watch. In the mean time, he did cut a whole in the wall right where the aberrant boards are, and discovered that there is no evidence of moisture, at least at the end of the floor. I will be checking the underside tomorrow since the ceiling in the utility area in the basement is not finished, and the affected area isn't far away from that. This post was edited by LuckyJoe on Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 22:04...See MoreEyeglasses - Help me with choices and etiquette?
Comments (41)Thank you all. Tina, the first pair is a solid yes-- as are the sunglasses. I still need a second pair. As for buying online-- all I am considering buying online are the frames. Frames I have already chosen locally. It's not any different from trying them on and ordering from a local shop-- except the money doesn't stay local. They are new, in original packaging etc and can be returned. That said, my glasses are ALWAYS sent out for the lenses. My lenses must be specially ground. Still, I order them through the dr office where they take the proper measurements and make the necessary adjustments. smh - yes, you and my nieces! The black glasses above aren't even in the running-- but it was the best photo showing a black frame. There are others that look better.. but I went with the one that showed the color best. 1929 - excellent point! I will start with one pair first-- just because the prescription is tricky. The Dr wanted me to start with one pair.. wait a few weeks to a month and then get the others. Annie, yes your points are all valid.. but shape isn't really a decision I am struggling with. I have had lots of input and help in choosing the frame shape. I've also been wearing glasses for as long as I can remember. Don't worry that I'll go all rogue LOL! While my style can be a touch quirky, it's basically classic with a little funk... never the other way around. Neetsie - There is a model with tortoise shell cat eye but the stems are blue. Too much like the first pair which I am definitely ordering... and they don't have them in the store. I tried them on in the spring but they sold out. The black has black stems and a tiffany blue inside the frame. Much easier to distinguish. I guess I should have shared that since I will be switching from computer/reading glasses to walking around glasses-- even to just go to the bathroom, I want them to be different and distinguishable. Even meetings will be a challenge as I will need one pair to read.. and another to see someone across the table. I am hoping I can adapt to that well enough to not need to constantly switch back and forth and distract others. I guess some would prefer the two to look similar so it wasn't obvious they were wearing two pairs glasses. I guess I can mull that around. practigal - my mom says the same thing about Costco. I haven't tried them as they are no longer convenient to me. I can always check to see if they carry the brands that have been consistently working well for me. Thank you ALL again! You are all so sweet and helpful!...See MoreQuestions regarding Sunrise and North Star windows.
Comments (3)Thank you. I found several more conversations about them on the window replacement forum where your concerns were echoed, so I’ll stick with pull outs. It was your feedback regarding the Sunrise Windows that caught my interest with them, so can you please elaborate some on the sash reinforcements? In my continued reading, I’m finding mixed information as to whether they would really be needed or not for our application/weather. Double double hung in a 58 square or 46 square. Our weather is not as severe as say Ohio, but it does go below zero and above the 90s a few times per year. I would love to look at the Vanguard or Restoration, but I’m not finding much in regards to reputable installers for our area of Oakland County Michigan (north of Detroit). The Okna’s aren’t available at all. Any feedback you can offer is much appreciated!...See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
Related Stories

STANDARD MEASUREMENTSKey Measurements to Help You Design Your Home
Architect Steven Randel has taken the measure of each room of the house and its contents. You’ll find everything here
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKey Measurements for Your Kitchen Design
Get the ideal kitchen setup by understanding spatial relationships, dimensions and work zones
Full Story
BATHROOM WORKBOOKStandard Dimensions and Measurements for a Primary Bath
Create a luxe bathroom that functions well with these key fixture dimensions and layout tips
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROS12 Questions Your Interior Designer Should Ask You
The best decorators aren’t dictators — and they’re not mind readers either. To understand your tastes, they need this essential info
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNKey Measurements to Make the Most of Your Bathroom
Fit everything comfortably in a small or medium-size bath by knowing standard dimensions for fixtures and clearances
Full Story
LIVING ROOMSKey Measurements for Your Living Room
Learn the basic dimensions that will allow good circulation, flow and balance as you fit in all the furnishings you want
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES6 Tricky Questions to Ask When Planning Your New Kitchen
Addressing these details will ensure a smoother project with personalized style
Full Story
LAUNDRY ROOMSKey Measurements for a Dream Laundry Room
Get the layout dimensions that will help you wash and fold — and maybe do much more — comfortably and efficiently
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN9 Questions to Ask When Planning a Kitchen Pantry
Avoid blunders and get the storage space and layout you need by asking these questions before you begin
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESConsidering a Fixer-Upper? 15 Questions to Ask First
Learn about the hidden costs and treasures of older homes to avoid budget surprises and accidentally tossing valuable features
Full Story

aok27502