SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

At last, my (puppy) love has come along . . .

l pinkmountain
2 years ago

I've been trying to keep it under wraps, (sorta like and early pregnancy) but it's starting to get real so I'm officially letting the "puppy" out the bag. We have been looking for almost two years for the right dog. My husband is super picky and we need a small dog due to our home situation. We had pretty much given up since small dogs are always difficult to come by in shelters and again, hubs is picky, and we haven't even had luck finding a good breeder. The pandemic only made it more difficult.

By total chance, I was visiting with a dear friend two weeks ago and she just happened to mention she was getting another puppy from her breeder. She was in town visiting for a funeral of a mutual friend of ours. She knew we were looking and said she thought the breeder still had one or two left. Well, one thing led to another . . . and out of our sadness at the loss of our friend, came a little ray of hope. It is a coton de tulier / toy poodle mix. We pick her up late middle of August. We are in the process of making our home puppy-friendly. Hubs is looking forward to training her, he's done it with other dogs but he isn't familiar at all with this small breed so any tips you could give would be much appreciated. We are of course googling like mad, but nothing like real tips from real folks. My friends already tuned me in to where I can get eco-friendly dog supplies. The breeder has recommended feed and we have a vet nearby. I am going to let hubs choose the name, he likes to make those kinds of decisions. If it was up to me, "Sandy" or "Summer" would be the one. He is leaning towards "Josie" but he wants to wait until we get to know her better.

Comments (71)