SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vijays_chadalavada

Wiring for receiver

Vijay S Chadalavada
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

In my new construction, I need some design ideas for the A/V wiring in the living area.

My plan is to have a wall-mounted TV in the great room and some kind of TV stand below it (although I don't place on top it, just for hiding things, placing books, play station or something..).

I also have ceiling speakers pre-wired but I'm confused about where to connect to the receiver.

I have two options:

1. Since I plan to have some stand/cabinetry under the wall mount. I can place the receiver right below it. I can even have my PlayStation inside the cabinetry.
  2. Route the speaker wiring to some closet or a location away from the TV. Have control from a central place. I still need to have the PlayStation in the cabinetry under the TV.

Any ideas on where to place the receiver? Any future-proofing ideas that I should consider?

At this point, I have only plan to have a speaker system and a gaming console. With most things are digital now, I don't plan to buy any blu-ray player. No idea what I'll hook with my TV in the future.

Comments (6)