SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njemama

closet door dilemma

Njemama E
2 years ago

When we bought our house several years ago, there was one reach-in closet in the master. So we stole the closet of the room next door so we’d have double the closet space. It’s great except we have this wall in between (just in the front, the closet is one long space) and have realized we can’t really utilize the space behind that wall. I’d like to get rid of the wall between the doors.
My dilemma is how many doors? How wide do they need to be? As in how do I shop for them-do I look for sliding doors for the entire length or do I break it down by size of each individual door? The space from
Wall to wall is 11’. Am I looking for 4-33” sliding doors? I believe I’d want 2 sets of double sliding doors. Do they overlap? I have tried googling and it’s not really helped.
Do we need a divider between both sets or can they kind of butt up against each other? The bifold doors are annoying because it eats into our already small bedroom.
Please excuse the messy closet picture-that’s the shelving that we can’t really use because it’s hidden behind that wall!

Comments (9)