SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_jayne

How to arrange and style a small master bedroom with high ceilings

mary_jayne
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am self renovating my house and I am currently focused on the main bedroom. It has nice high ceilings (3.3m or well over 10 feet high).

The bedroom footprint is only about 3.3m by 3.6m.

I want to make built in cupboards, but I'm stuck on the height of the cupboards.

I am considering putting in pictures rails about 500mm from the ceiling with white above the rail because I think it will broaden the perspective of the room if the height is visual reduced. There are other rooms in the house with this and it seems to have that effect.

Most people say take the cupboards to the ceiling because you want to maximize storage space and while that is true and I don't mind keeping a little ladder to reach the very top, I'm worried how imposing the cupboards would feel when you are lying in bed. I plan to go with a white shaker style cupboard.

I've been trying to find picture of something similar to see how it would look, but have really battled.

I have attached a drawing of what I am plan for the layout... Currently the bathroom does not exist, it is currently an enclosed porch. It is my plan to put in the door and turn it into an ensuite at a later stage. None of the drywall is there and there are no cupboards or furniture yet.

I would love some feedback and ideas!

Comments (4)