SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_928827909

possible issue with Kentucky coffee tree

Last fall I planted two Kentucky coffee trees. They have both looked good up until recently. One has a green tint while the other is slowly starting to get a yellowish tint to the leaves. It’s noticeable looking at the two trees and the pictures don’t do as much justice as I’d like. The one turning yellow does have water than can sit after a heavy rain for a few hours after a heavy rain but it eventually goes away and this does not happen often. I also do not baby these trees and add water often. So if too much water is the issue then it’s all from Mother Nature. These trees are known to grow in wetter lowland areas sometimes. So I am curious what else could make the leaves yellow? It could be water or the tree could be fine. I am just trying to address the issue ahead of time if anyone has experienced this before. Both trees are planted in the same general area with the same soil conditions. The one turning yellow does happen to be planted slightly lower but the flare is still above ground level and when water does sit it’s only an inch or so around the edging of mulch.

Comments (10)