SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kp_devlin

Best Fungicide for White Powdery Mildew?

KP Devlin
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I recently found some grey/white dusty looking stuff on one of my Crassula sp. plants. Looked just like pics of the white powdery mildew I've seen online. I pulled off the affected leaves (all of them), stopped watering for awhile and then when the leaves started growing back it looked great. For a few days. And I now just noticed the fungus is back on a few of the leaves. Additionally, on the other side of the room, my big Pachypodium had several yellowing leaves, which on closer inspection also had the white powdery mildew on them. All affected leaves have been removed. We've had quite a bit of humid weather here lately, so maybe that is to blame?

In any case, I need to get rid of this crap NOW. I don't see any evidence of it on any of the other plants here (Euphorbia, Senecia, other Crassula, etc), and these plants are all located in between the two affected plants. I imagine I should treat each plant thoroughly with a fungicide, yes? What is the best fungicide to use? I see all kinds of opinions online about copper, baking soda, liquid soap, etc., etc. What would be most effective ane efficient at putting the kaibosh on this stupid fungus's dastardly plans?

Comments (70)