SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
14belsize

Exhaust fan in the laundry room with a window

Bongo
2 years ago

The laundry room is on the 2nd floor of our new build. It already has a window. Do we also need to install an exhaust fan? Pros and cons of not doing it? I would prefer not to poke extra holes in my roof for venting, if possible. Also, our dryer is a Miele heat pump so there will be no outside venting. Thank you.

Comments (90)

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

Well, Ray,

As usual, you've contributed lots of opinion and not much substance.

The manual of the machine isn't "my opinion". Is it?

We will follow the science. We won't look to the facts, unless they support the science to which we understand to be true. If the facts get in the way of the science, we will refer you to the science that supports our facts. Only the "real" facts will be considered after we follow the science that supports our facts.

There is no substance in the manual of the machine. Reading it would be useless?

Is that what you're saying Mr. Ross?

• Related Discussions

Exhaust fans versus 'normal' fans?

Q

Comments (5)
    Thanks for your replies and useful information. The typical box fans available locally are rounded ones, so I would have to had padded/filled in around them too. And I came across some more information about air stratification which got me to thinking about air flow, humidity and venting- some people have vents opening in the roof to release the hot air. This is a discussion where some one talks about horizontal air flow removing 'good' air with hot air staying up the top- though if you had the exhaust fan up at the highest point you would get more of the hotter air being removed I think: http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:AsuB1xJiPZYJ:www.orchidsafari.org/ghse/ghse1.html+greenhouse+exhaust+%22high+velocity+fan%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=au This is interesting in that I read about someone who installed a the exhaust fan on the opposite end wall to an evaporative cooler or wet wall which worked well to remove heat but also removed a fair bit of humidity. In contradiction I've read turbine ventilators do remove humidity and are installed and used to not only remove heat in summer but to remove moisture from under the roof/ceiling or in attics. I know some one who uses whirly birds/turbine ventilators though they have said height is really important for them to be effective. So I ended up not going with fans for exhausting air on the opposite end wall to the cooler and instead got a 30cm turbine ventilator whirly gig thing. I also found a few more exhaust fans [for bathrooms, etc] and got one [25cm AUS $49.00. that will fit under the whirly, extracting air keeping the turbine spinning. The exhaust fan is not on a thermostat but I figure I could just turn it off and maybe cover it in winter to stop heat escaping. I will be placing it in/on on the roof nearer towards the highest point where hot air should rise to. I don't know how effective it will be but with misting under the benches, the evaporative cooler and trickling water down the shadecloth/matting against the fence I'd be happy if it only reduced temps just a few degrees. Where my masies, dracs, pleuros, oncids, miltonias etc are at the moment is a mucher small potting shed, which I kept totally closed up last summer but I did set up a hose in there to release a small spray of mist [slightly dripping] and have the evaporate cooler in there [+ fan inside circulating air around]. Despite some days with temps going past 35 degrees celcius I didn't lose or have any plants visibly suffer or have masie leaf drop except for one plant that was a newbie. I think it was keeping the humidity up around 80-90% [+ shading] that helped. My main concern really has been about ondontoglossums and hybrids with the cooler/cold ones like crispum, I have been told and read too that they do better if temps can be kept lower in Summer. I will post back later on how it works out and put some pics of my turbine/exhaust fan up in my Pleurothallidinae and Oncidiinae Grow House photobucket folder. Damian. Here is a link that might be useful: My http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/daemondamian/Orchids/Pleurothallidinae and Oncidiinae Grow House/
    ...See More

exhaust fan for window

Q

Comments (3)
    If you really want to do this, I suggest mounting the fan on the outside and running just a switch wire to the inside window frame. That will look nicer. You can buy exhaust fans like that, but I am not sure about finding one that is a perfect match to the opening. The fan doesn't have to be an "exhaust". Can you mount a fan in a transom above the door to blow air "into" the room? Shut the bathroom off tightly and the fan will force the humid air out the open window.
    ...See More

exhaust fan questions

Q

Comments (2)
    I have installed Panasonic fans in the ceiling above the shower. My master and main baths are both about 100 square feet. I used the FV-15VQ4 and the FV15LQ4 (one has a built in light, and one doesn't). I know Panasonic has larger fans then the ones I used, so they should have one sized for 192 square feet. I installed Intermatic count down timers next two the bathroom light switches. The rule in the house is to set the fan timer after the shower. So far it has worked well.
    ...See More

Adding an exhaust fan where you have no external ductwork

Q

Comments (12)
    Every case is different, and some routes will be less costly than others. There is nothing wrong with going out a side wall, so long as it doesn't dump cooking effluent onto an open window, a deck, or annoy the neighbors. I just wanted to raise the point that there can be more than one option for routing ducts. A roof penetration always has some risk of leaking. Ice dams are another possibility, but one which proper roofing should ameliorate. A very steep roof should tend to shed snow on its own. In some hip-roof ranches, for example, there is no path from the attic to the house side, as the roof edge and soffit is below the top of the wall of the floor below. Such structures are pretty much limited to roof exhausts. The Wolf, Abbaka, and similar designs are intended to be relatively low profile and not require a curb. The up and down blast blower configurations assume that a curb is used with its bottom sloped to match the roof. HVAC is a HVAC project, but the exhaust duct is not a very complex project if the only issue is connecting duct properly and integrating a cap into a roof properly. It is more of a roofing competence project that small builder and renovation craftsmen should be able to do. I can only wish you good luck in an education culture that depreciates trade-craft and promotes low-employment-demand college degrees for the sake of selling college degrees, even if the result is graduates lacking practical skills living in their parents' basements and owing a lot of money. kas
    ...See More
  • opaone
    2 years ago

The ignorant FUD here is quite amazing. HPCD's have been around for about 25 years and are growing in popularity, particularly in northern Europe. I'm not aware of any rash of houses burning down or ANY houses burning down for that matter.

They are the most energy efficient mechanical dryer available that I'm aware of (with line drying overwhelmingly being best for energy, longevity of clothes, and freshness).

They are more energy efficient and with better payback in cooler climates. (I think the ideal would be a vented HPCD that vents inside when heat is needed in the house and otherwise to outside.)

I'm not aware of any data on HPCD's being less reliable than condensing or heat vented dryers. As with any appliance there are good and poor quality manufacturers.

Regardless of what dryer someone has, it's a good idea from an IAQ standpoint to have ventilation in the laundry room to remove VOC's, PM and other harmful gook.

• dadoes
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

The recommendation in the Energy-saving tips section of the Miele user manual regards to ventilation of the room in which the machine is installed has an IF ... IF other heat-producing appliances are operating in the room with the dryer [thus increasing the temperature of the space substantially above what it would be with only the dryer operating], then additional ventilation is recommended to increase the energy-saving aspect of the dryer [which by nature of design claims to save up to 60% of the energy usage vs. a non-heat pump dryer]. Being a non-vented condensor dryer, it doesn't blow conditioned (heated or cooled) air out of the house and pull in makeup air, and power-ventilation of the room isn't normally required for the machine to operate properly.

Condensor dryers are not a new thing. They were produced in the 1950s and 60s both as stand-alone dryers and for the drying process in single-machine washer/dryer combinations. Some were air-cooled, some used a cold-water mist/spray to entice the condensation. Some collected the condensed moisture in a pan that the user dumped after the cycle. Others (such as the water-cooled models) had a pump that drained the cooling-spray and condensed moisture during the cycle. Frigidaire was known for their Filtrator models. Maytag had a condensor model. GE and Bendix/Philco were popular for washer/dryer combos. The heat-pump aspect is new vs. those earlier designs.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

Immediate "expertise" about something one previously knew nothing about isn't gained from reading online manuals. The risk of further misunderstanding and confusion is clear. The very first comment after the original post says it all.

Bongo thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

I guess you didn't realize they put an error code in the machine to tell you what's wrong.

You can run to google if you can't read the manual. Imagine that?

I can only guess what the "F" stands for in that error code description... use your imagination.

Mmmmwhahaha, mmmwhahahahaha. We're going to beat this horse to death... he's going to drink the water yet, If I have force it down his throat.

I find it very funny... if you own one of these you will do anything but laugh about it.

#Should have read the manual. It's as simple as that. So much fun.... I love it.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

There's the answer ... F66. It should have been F666 ... an unFortunate coding Failure by Miele's engineers.

My dryer's code for Airflow Restriction is F16 ... leastwise it includes an F and a 6.

@Bongo, 1) do you already own and have been using this dryer or 2) are you buying it for use at the new home? If 1, have any F66 situations occurred thus far? If 2, are you prepared to handle an F66?

• Bongo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@dadoes yes, i currently own Miele heat pump dryer, no issues at all. It works great, i love it. To be honest, i would rather own a Miele dryer rather than Samsung refrigerator which we had to repair several times in the same time we owned Miele.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

I love Miele stuff, have several including a washer (20 years old) and a dishwasher that both work better than any we've ever had.

My kid loves having a (non-Miele) heat pump dryer. The home is all electric and they installed solar panels. There's no natural gas connection available.

Enjoy your dryer. Are you sure it wouldn't work better (and might you have less lint flying around the house?) if you added a ducted vent to the outside? ;-)

Bongo thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

There's the answer ... F66. It should have been F666 ... an unFortunate coding Failure by Miele's engineers.

yeah I could have had a field day with F666 code. LOL.

Miele certainly covered their bases. If there weren't issues with ventilation, they wouldn't have included a code to tell you that. You get that by: reading the manual... or as it were by searching Google.

So my non-substantive posts have turned into? ________________.

Maybe you curse me if you get the dreaded "F" code? I've had worse, so I'm ok with it. I'm sure it's only one of many codes you might get. The more loads you need to do, the less maintenance and care you think you need, the quicker the end will come.

But what else can you do with money, besides blow it? In some cases the problems you have in life only prove that you're still alive.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

A train wreck.

The OP replied above confirming that they already have a Miele heat pump dryer and "no issues at all. It works great, i love it."

Airflow restriction fault codes have no direct relation to Miele. Some other dryer brands also have airflow fault codes. My dryer is not a Miele or a heat pump / condensor unit. I've had an incident of the airflow restriction fault (by what mechanism does it monitor that?). Two parts were required, no need to call a servicer, I'm handy that way (say whhaatt!? a homeowner can't possibly be skilled in appliance repair, that requires training and skills!).

Bongo thanked dadoes
  • beesneeds
    2 years ago

I had kind of assumed the OP was familiar with the dryer tec from the get-go, since the question was abuout additional venting/exaust when there is also going to be a window in the room. Glad to have the additional knowledge that the OP is indeed familiar with the dryer tec, and happy with it.

I still think having an exaust fan installed for if needed isn't a bad idea. It still does depend a bit on how that window would function if it was open on the regular. If it works as an exhaust, that's great. if it's working as an inlet or as dead air, not so great.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

A train wreck.

The OP replied above confirming that they already have a Miele heat pump dryer and "no issues at all. It works great, i love it."

Airflow restriction fault codes have no direct relation to Miele. Some other dryer brands also have airflow fault codes.

Yes, of course. It's probably recently new. Who is not going to love a new appliance?

That can be said of "anything" pretty much. It's new. It works. No muss no fuss.

But how does a "heat pump" operate that is different from electric resistance heat. Air flow restriction fault codes have no direct relation to Miele... absolutely, I'm not just here picking on Miele for that sake.... it can be summed up more or less in "care and maintenance" which is also a part of "any manual" for anything you buy pretty much.

Lint is dirt more or less, what does lint or dirt for that matter do to air conditioners or heat pumps in the normal world outside of clothes dryers? The air conditioning cycle whether it's a heat pump or air conditioner require "WHAT" to operate properly? Remember we are talking about a heat pump being used as a way to dry clothes.

There is dust / dirt in the air all around you. Why you use a filter for your HVAC system?

Use wise it's going to take some time for a clothes dryer. Average household size in the USA is around 3.15 members. How many loads of laundry you going to do with an average of 3.15 members?

BUT, how they push this thing is it's energy efficient. So maybe your household is larger. Are you doing laundry loads every other day? Well "care and maintenance" is going to get ugly pretty quick under those use conditions.

Maybe if you're doing 3 or 4 loads of wash a week it lasts 15 years with no muss or fuss. See I'm not a psychic or fortune teller, I can't tell you the future exactly... but I can show you the future "may not" be so rosy. The fault codes are there for a reason. The manual is there for a "reason" --- read it.

Ray's non-substantive reading material, not written by Ray. (The Manual)

How long is the manufacture warranty? 2 years. I've also seen 3 years? So I change nothing from my previous estimation, before problems start occurring. Of those problems occurring greatly depends on "care & maintenance" AND that you read the manual, put those recommendations (from manufacturer) into practice.

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    2 years ago

Average household size in the USA is around 3.15 members. How many loads of laundry you going to do with an average of 3.15 members?

Well, Ray, you never fail to disappoint. The average household size in the U.S. in 2020 was 2.53 individuals (when a statistic is quoted to two decimal places we wouldn't say "around.") The average family size in the U.S. in 2020 was 3.15 individuals. Those are both simple statistics, but they are different. You can't keep them straight, but we're supposed to trust you as some sort of engineering fault analysis guru? C'mon man.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

What is an "average" how do you determine an Average? Let's argue for the sake of arguing?

Suzie has 11 apples

George as 3 apples

Carl has 1 apple

Fred has 1 apple

Jenny has 1 apple

Buddy has 8 apples

What is the "Average" number of apples that each person above has?

• dadoes
    2 years ago

@Bongo, what is the age of your current newfangled heat pump dryer? Do you run 40 loads per week? 10? 3? How often do you clean the plinth filter? How often do you clean the drum filter?

• Bongo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@dadoes i think we bought ours in June 2018, so just over 3 years. On average 2-3 loads per day, unless we are travelling. i clean the lint filters before every load, just like we did with any other dryer we ever owned. i’ve never cleaned the plinth filter but my partner may have, i will ask but i can’t imagine its more than a couple of times (at most) during the time we owned it. also, our Miele was the least expensive model, no WIFi, no fancy cycles or anything like that.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

No WIFI?

How can it send you an email to let you know the lint filter is dirty if it has no WIFI? It's a wonder the thing has lasted this long.

(3 loads a day sounds like a lot of laundry)

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    2 years ago

Ray,

You've used an incorrect statistic in your attempt to infer heat pump dryer longevity. As a consequence, you've overestimated the number of loads of laundry generated by an average U.S. household by roughly 50% (assuming each individual generates a comparable amount of laundry) and underestimated the longevity.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

Charles you can argue for the sake of arguing all you want. It doesn't change anything.

I said "3-4 loads of laundry per week" the OP graciously told us they run 2-3 loads per day.

So how is it that I am "over estimating"?

I am a family of one, I can run 1-2 loads per week, just by myself. (Obvioulsy Charles, you probably don't do the laundry at your house do you?)

Statistically an air conditioner / heat pump has a national service life of about 15 years it could last longer we are talking "AVERAGES" I am not a fortune teller I am a repairer arguing with a builder of all things. I did note that it could last that length (15 years) further up. Care & Maintenace will have an effect on life of the appliance.

A callout fee from Miele I've seen could be as much as $250... so how many times you going to do that? The OP the dryer has is outside the warranty window, based on what they've said.

---------------- To The OP ------------------

So the larger question for me is that if everything is fine with this dryer what was the intent of your post OP?

Is the room this dryer sits making the room stuffy when operating? Why the post now after 3 years?

There is always a reason not that it's that important now except to be able to re-tell this story accurately to your kids and grandkids.... "Once upon a time there was......."

• Bongo
    Original Author
    2 years ago
  • PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

Bongo, ah ok. I would say depends on climate if you open the windows and it's 100F outside not going to help with a heat pump.

If the room is a more closed off room than what it's in now could pose a problem there too.

From what I could find thus far on it --- haven't seen any chart for operational design you know like temps in the home. I would assume the manufacturer designed it to run in a range of possible home temps maybe between 50-80F.? I don't know specifically for a dryer of this design.

So assuming you have air conditioning and the room is kept at a decent temp / machine is up to spec maintenance wise / room isn't too small causing air flow issues probably be ok. / Work around would be to set up floor fan to force warm air out the room while you run it.

It doesn't contain much freon little over 16 oz. R134a / compressor is probably small little window unit type compressor... from the unit I found information on, yours may be different.

Bongo thanked Austin Air Companie
  • Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

"if you open the windows and it's 100F outside not going to help with a heat pump"

I think the opposite is true, I think it will help a lot.

The air in the dryer is warmed by taking heat out of the room's air and moving it to the heat exchanger through which the dryer's internal air passes. The warmer the room, the more heat is available to dry the clothes. Same is true for heat pump water heaters - heat is taken from ambient room air and is used to heat the water. Cool air is released.

A heat pump water heater works much better and more efficiently in a hot garage and or in a hot location than in a cool basement in a cool region. The hotter the surround air is, the more heat there is to easily extract and "pump".

More misunderstanding from an HVAC expert?

• dadoes
    2 years ago

The heat pump dryer's heat exchanger also serves to cool the heated moisture-laden air to condense-out the moisture .... according to the description of the operation principles.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

I think there are two heat exchangers or two separate sections- one's hot to heat the circulating air to get moisture out of clothes (the normal way) , the other is cold to condense out the moisture in the heated air (like an AC coil). The hot one also rewarms the air that has passed by the cold exchanger, to continue the circular flow of air becoming hot then cooled then hot again.

A heat exchanger can't be hot and cold at the same time.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

The description says heated airflow exits at the rear of the heat exchanger, passes through the drum and clothes, then circulates through the front of the heat exchanger to be cooled, and back through the rear ... repeat for the duration of the cycle. Sounds like functioning of a dehumidifer within the confines of the machine.

Whirlpool has a hybrid heat pump dryer, with a regular heating element (although may smaller wattage) for speedier drying when the user desires.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

My friend, I'm not reading a "description" or an air flow pattern per se, I'm sharing how I understand how they work.

A device that has a heating element isn't, strictly speaking, a heat pump dryer. As I said, a heat exchanger can't be cold and hot at the same time.

I have more respect for foreign appliance brands than for US ones. Miele from Germany is one of the best and has been for a long time but there are plenty other excellent ones. You can find European and Asian brands and innovation all over the world. I don't suspect Whirlpool has much of a customer base outside the US and probably for good reasons.

Not that it mattes but the same is true for cars.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

Reference Page 19 of the user guide.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

I'm not reading a user guide.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

That's understandable. It is highly technical. Cited for others who may be interested.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

A heat pump water heater works much better and more efficiently in a hot garage and or in a hot location than in a cool basement in a cool region. The hotter the surround air is, the more heat there is to easily extract and "pump".

More misunderstanding from an HVAC expert?

We are not talking about a heat pump water heater in this thread. We are talking about a heat pump clothes dryer. Not the same thing.

My friend, I'm not reading a "description" or an air flow pattern per se, I'm sharing how I understand how they work.

If you would read the manual it would clear up your mis-understanding. We know you can read... so what is stopping YOU?

Stop thinking... you're gonna hurt yourself Mr. Fudd.

-------------

I never put my understanding over that of an engineer, that built the machine.

I am not here to reverse-engineer something.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

Here's a video that explains the airflow and refrigeration circuits. A refrigeration system has both an evaporator (low temperature) and a condensor (high temperature), yes? I'm knowing of that, although being a plebeian. Operating essentially as a closed, recirculating air circuit dehumidifier within the machine for the drying process ... simultaneously heating, and cooling the airflow to extract the moisture.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

Perfect explanation, dadoes, along with showing the two heat exchangers as I mentioned. And perhaps less dependent on ambient air than I thought but I'll stick with a warmer room being better than a cold one.

When my kid moved into their new home in a hot summer region, the AC wasn't working and it took a few months to get sorted out because of a dispute between the builder and the HVAC sub. Temps in the house stayed in the 80s-90s. I never heard any comments about the dryer not working.

The massive importance of the discovery or invention (I don't know which it was) of the refrigeration cycle and its contribution to modern life can't be overstated.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

Mr. Dadoes, excellent find.

This machine is an HVAC mechanics dream. When it breaks you tell the customer to bring it to your (air conditioned shop) to work on it.

The reason why room temperature is better for the lower realm is essentially two reasons.

They call the front coil a DE-superheater. The refrigerant enters this circuit "after the condenser" to make sure the refrigerant "phase change" is complete... from hot gas to desuperheated liquid. Reason 1, complete.

How do you de-superheat something? Draw in "cooler" air, not warmer.

The compressor? how do you cool that? There is only slightly more than 16 oz of refrigerant in this machine. Extremely low charge. (notice the compressor sits in the "air stream" behind the de-superheater coil.) Reason 2, complete. (If compressor over-heats what happens? I bet there's a "fault code" for that... the fan fails or the desuperheater coil gets caked with dirt.)

Anyway good find Dadoes... does a good job of explaining the process. Here's a picture I took to highlight a few things. This de-superheater is talked about around the 2:15 second mark of the video.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

"This machine is an HVAC mechanics dream. When it breaks you tell the customer to bring it to your (air conditioned shop) to work on it."

You can be sure that's not the case. Miele is a premium product and it treats customers accordingly. It may have changed but for years they had their own in-house technical services teams in major markets.

I had a problem a few years ago with my washing machine. I called Miele, a service call was scheduled. The problem turned out to be a water-diverter valve that was too heavily caked with hard water deposits to function. It was replaced, the guy had the part on his truck. No charge for the service call, no charge for parts or labor. The thing was more than 15 years old.

If they don't still do this in-house, any contracted service companies will be well trained and follow strict rules. After all, it is a German company, precision and attention to detail matter.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

Why would a heat pump dryer be any different than a refrigerator for repair? Appliance servicers are called for those, not HVAC engineers.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

Why would a heat pump dryer be any different than a refrigerator for repair? Appliance servicers are called for those, not HVAC engineers.

Different application, different design parameters. A refrigerator isn't a heat pump, it's more designed to run like a freezer with special controls to "cool" or refrigerate the box opposite the freezer compartment. (There's a defrost circuit on a refrigerator, not on a heat pump clothes dryer as an example of differences.)

In trade school we studied refrigerators... so I had the choice to take that path if I was so inclined. HVAC/R is a very large field. (But you must be good in more ways than one, especially when often ridiculed by those who are only on the planet to look down their nose at you. You know who you are.)

When I went to HVAC/R trade school things weren't separated from HVAC to Refrigeration. I chose to follow the path of HVAC. I could have also decided to do refrigeration as well. In Texas licensing requires you to have the skills of what you choose to do. I could have chose to specialize in refrigeration / freezers etc. I merely chose not to.

At the end of the day it's merely understanding the application for what is intended. The PT chart doesn't change any just because it's refrigeration or heat pump.

When I went to HVAC/R trade school things were much simpler. It was the mid 90's. To cut school costs there might be programs now that separate refrigeration from HVAC. I don't know. That was over 26 years ago.

I've fixed family car AC's / mine and my father's before his passing. It's simply understanding how things operate / temperature pressure relationship. Understanding design differences.

I prefer to do HVAC and specialize in residential systems for the home. I only ventured into this thread because of? Re-read the thread... or read the "manual". Everything you need to know about Miele heat pump dryer is here in this thread. Would it be that way if I had not gotten involved? "probably not".

• Stax
    2 years ago

There is a lot of terrible misinformation in this thread. Particularly by people with absolutely zero experience with H/P Clothes dryers! The most egregious posts, not unexpectedly, is by the spammer seeking to draw customers to his company by repeatedly advertising his locale while really not adding value to the thread!

Bongo thanked Stax
  • Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

"Everything you need to know about Miele heat pump dryer is here in this thread. Would it be that way if I had not gotten involved?"

You came to this thread never having heard of a heat pump dryer. Your first and subsequent sometimes prevaricating comments make that very clear. I don't think any readers who have happened along think otherwise, nor would agree with your comment quoted above

• dadoes
    2 years ago

AA, I knew how a heat pump dryer functions before you brought up any details about it ... before I perused the user manual, before I found and posted the video ... which I shared so other readers would understand it who perhaps aren't aware.

Appliance servicers of course may also be trained on refrigeration. The small towns in which I've lived, a homeowner would not call Dave's Air Conditioning and Heating or Kevin's Air Conditioner Service to get their refrigerator (or their heat pump dryer) repaired. They'd call Tony's Appliance Sales & Service or Herbert's Appliance Sales & Repair. Likewise, Tony's or Herbert's would not be called to repair a central A/C system because that isn't their business model.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

"AAC: But you got here 'late'."

LOL, that's just what you saw from afar. I followed this discussion from day 1 of it. I've taken to usually watching discussions of interest for a while for the instigators of the train-wreck effect to arrive before commenting, if I decide to do so.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

AAC: But you got here 'late'."

LOL, that's just what you saw from afar. I followed this discussion from day 1 of it.

We're in the fact check era. I could never get away with a comment like that... so you can't either.

• beesneeds
    2 years ago

Austin Air Companie, why do you keep picking a fight and being rude in this thread?

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

Austin Air Companie, why do you keep picking a fight and being rude in this thread?

Everyone is "entitled" to their opinion... but I am not entitled to mine?

• beesneeds
    2 years ago

So you are picking fights and being rude because you feel entitled to do so? Ok, so.. why do you feel entitled to pick fights and be rude in this thread?

• dadoes
    2 years ago

AAC, here's your fact-check.

The topic says "Posted by Bongo July 6, 2021"

My browser history indicates I read it on 7/6/2021 8:19 am.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

Even better ... all the viewing history for the topic .... bottom-up on each screen capture, 7/6/2021 8:19 AM to current (not including this reply).

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

I wouldn't bother, dadoes. It's enough to point out any paticipant's comments that are obviously pretend knowledge or new to them information found from an internet search. Such instances are clear and obvious for readers to see.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

So you are picking fights and being rude because you feel entitled to do so? Ok, so.. why do you feel entitled to pick fights and be rude in this thread?

LOL, I said that was your opinion. My opinion is that I am not rude, nor am I picking fights.

If you constantly worry about what others "might" think... well I choose not to live in that bubble. I don't concentrate on trying to please people that are not "pleasable" under any circumstance.

So now you are doing exactly what you are claiming that I am doing... being rude and trying to pick a fight with me. Interacting on a forum board is a "two way street". I am just pointing out the *error* in your thinking. (You can of course disagree if you want, you have that right just as much I have rights too.)

If what I say offends you... well I'm offended that you're offended = call it even.

I am not here to tell you what you want to hear. I am here to tell you "how it is." You are free to not like it. How a con works... tells you everything you want to hear. Itching ears love it... sooner or later you realize the fallacy of that. (The truth is the truth for a very important reason.)

Honey do these jeans make me look fat? Let's lie? so you understand the point... because thus far everything seems to fly right over your head.

• PRO
    Austin Air Companie
    2 years ago

Even better ... all the viewing history for the topic .... bottom-up on each screen capture, 7/6/2021 8:19 AM to current (not including this reply).

Very clever... but there is no fact that says what side of the "brick wall" you were on.

So I'll give you this for your fact check: Partially true but MISLEADING information

---------

Pretend Knowledge: ha, ha, ha. Mr. Fudd must be writing a book? Sub header would be "I refuse to read a manual to further my understanding of what I clearly do not know..."