SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexa417

White Thassos Marble Bathroom/Cracked Tiles in Kitchen Backsplash

A D
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I just had my shower/bath area in the primary bathroom retiled. The tilesetter put up the tile probably Wednesday. He grouted it the next day. It has not been sealed yet. It's quite obvious that the thinset has not dried behind the tile - especially obvious where the accent mosaic has been placed. Some of it had dried by the next day but you can see where it has not dried - the white marble looks gray. It is now Monday the following week and this is how it looks. Since it has already been grouted, I am wondering if this will ever dry. The floor area looks a little odd also and I am wondering what's up with that. There are also two tiles on the edge of the window by the bath where he sanded the edges. I don't understand why that was done - it seems to me that it would open up the marble to moisture.

The tilesetter also put up cracked marble mosaic tile in my kitchen backsplash. Since the marble has little veins, it is very hard to tell it's cracked. It's been filled with grout and sealed. Am I going to have any staining problems from it being cracked? Should I have him replace those tiles? Any input would be appreciated.

Comment