SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Help with Kitchen Window Treatments (Mistakes were made...)

oldbat2be
2 years ago

I'd like to replace my window treatments and am looking for design advice regarding new window treatments for my sink and breakfast area. The ones in place are still fairly new old but I am unhappy with them. They don't add anything to the space and probably detract from it.

Mistakes include the fabric selected (colors are too cool, horizontal ribbon detracts) and also the choice of a valance for the right side (breakfast area) vs. individual romans to complement the millwork. (Oh, and I originally selected blackout lining and then had the curtains re-made with privacy lining, to let in more light).

I did like the detail up close (fabric matches the window seat)

The sink window is the biggest challenge - it's a top-heavy rectangle. The current outside mount pleated valance seems to work well for the space... not sure what else to do here.

I'm a little gun-shy and am possibly being too conservative with fabric choices. Currently, I am considering either this smokebush pattern or a pale buttery yellow linen color.

Here's the smokebush on the bolt and loosely photoshopped:

Two other factors to consider; oatmeal colored barstools and brown and cream tile backsplash:

Does the smokebush work? Would a scalloped box valance and relaxed romans work better? Any and all input appreciated...

Comments (51)