SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
729zoom2

Epoxy coating for outdoor concrete patio?

H Briz
2 years ago

After months of researching overlay and tile options, we have decided against those ideas and are now considering finding a company to install an epoxy coating and wanted to know if anyone has done this and how it turned out? If you can tell me what you like or don't like and have pictures I would so appreciate it. We were thinking of metallic epoxy with a blend of old brick colors or just going with a solid brick red color since we are told epoxy will never stain from hard water or dirt, which is what always showed so badly when we used solid stain. I saw a picture of the solid color with a sand texture and didn't care for it much and wonder if there is an option that is nonslip that wouldn't have such a rough texture - maybe a finer sand is possible or something else? I hate the chips so just considering solid color or a blend with metallic. Would love the thoughts of those who have done something similar.

Also, would like advice from the pros on the best products and any recommendations for installers.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths