SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sugar__magnolia

Tomato & Pepper leaves yellowing and dying

Kari Johnson
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hoping this is just a fertilizer or environmental issue and not bacterial spot or other disease.

Zone 6, upstate NY. Temps between 80-90. I went out of town for ~36 hours and came home to my tomatoes' lower, older leaves and some pepper leaves looking like this, and I'm trying to figure out what is wrong:

- I spray the tomatoes every 7-10 days with Daconil and have been rotating some pesticides to try to get rid of leafhopper nymphs, oriental beetles, and aphids (castile soap, neem, acetamiprid, spinosad).

- Before I left on Friday I sprayed my tomatoes with Daconil and spinosad in a tank mix according to label rates. Peppers got spinosad only because for some reason chlorothalonil for home gardens is not registered for pepper plants.

- I watered them a bit at the beginning of the week, but we're supposed to get a lot of rain in the coming days so I didn't want to overdo it.

- I have removed as many of the lower leaves as I feel comfortable doing - as they get taller, I remove more leaves.

- The dead parts are crunchy.

- Both tomatoes in the soil and my tomatoes in grow bags are affected, though the ones in grow bags are less affected.

- The plants don't have any wilted parts.

- Both heirlooms with no resistances and hybrids with various resistances to V/F wilt, EB, LB are affected.

Any ideas about what the issue(s) could be? Thanks so much.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting