SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_821947467

Need advice on how to clean up large money tree

HU-821947467
2 years ago

I've seen tutorials on pruning money trees and removing dead stocks, but mine has a combination of issues that I'm not sure how to tackle. I've just kinda let the tree do its thing and it seems to be really healthy, but it's gotten a bit out of control. As far as the dead stocks go, I assume that's easy enough and probably the first thing to do--pull the plant out of the dirt, unweave the dead stocks, and then transfer to fresh dirt (I'm not a big fan of the braid, at least now that it's so big, so plan to unbraid it or at least twist the branches a lot less severely/precisely). I'm worried if the remaining trunks will be strong enough to stand though? The tree is about 7-8 feet tall, and the other problem is it's already really droopy. The branches are growing out of the trunks at a weird angle. It gets really good lighting, and I've tried giving it more in the past and the leaves got scorched. So my next thought was to prune it, but only the top few inches of each branch have any leaves.

Probably overthinking all this, but I've had this tree a long time and am proud with how much it's flourished.

Comment

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022