SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_879501675

New home Build in South Florida

Peter
2 years ago

HI all. This forum was very useful when doing a remodel to my current home. I now have the opportunity to purchase a piece of land in South Florida (Miami/Ft Lauderdale area) to build a new home. Since my last remodel the world has turned upside down, and I keep hearing about surging demand, high prices, labor availability, materials, etc. all being issues to build right now, but hard to quantify.

In order to get a handle of what I should be paying for the land I really want to get a sense of what the build cost is going to be, and that's been difficult to pin down, so hopefully you can help me out. Looking to build a 2,500 sqft under AC, all from scratch, there are no designs or approvals coming with the land. Lets assume the design will have a partial 2nd floor. Targeting medium/high end finishes, not luxury, as point of reference not planning on marble and the subzero appliances. For exterior - pool, outdoor terrace and kitchen, driveway, fencing, landscaping, the entire lot is 14,000 sqft.

Let me know if some more assumptions are needed to ballpark this. Thanks.

Comments (11)