SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Products you're particularly happy with (old or new)?

Alisande
2 years ago

I recently bought these popsicle molds, and I like them because they can go into my freezer in any position, and because they make less of a drippy mess when the boys eat them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JTIBK4

Also, last night I made matzo balls from a mix (Streit's brand). I've always made these from scratch, and this was my first time using a mix. The mix is seasoned with onion and garlic, neither of which I've used in my recipe, but they were very good. You combine the mix with beaten eggs and oil, and then you're supposed to let it sit for 15 minutes. But I was distracted by the unexpected arrival of my grandsons, and ended up letting the mixture sit for at least an hour. It didn't hurt the outcome any..

And Walmart gave me a free sample of Dove's Breakage Remedy Shampoo. I don't think my hair has a breakage problem--I doubt it, as I used no products on it during the pandemic, and a hair dryer rarely--but I'm delighted with the way my hair feels. I think something in the shampoo must stay on the hair (the whole point of it, I guess), because it feels so thick and glossy. A definite addition to my shampoo collection . . .

Got any favorites you'd like to share?

Comments (71)

• lisa_fla
    2 years ago

My Rowenta iron -high quality, works great, doesn’t spit water. i bought it at a yard sale several years ago. It was sitting with 2 cheap irons I tried to look disinterested and asked the price. Oh i dont know, how about $5? He bought a storage units contents in an auction. I later looked it up online and it was selling for $130

Dig-Git beach umbrella for the beach It has a built in shovel and withstands strong winds

• bbnny
    2 years ago

Lisa, I also love my Rowena iron! I had to get new everything after the split with my ex almost 20 years ago. I treated myself with a Rowena (from Costco) and have loved it ever since. Still looks and works like new and I actually use it a lot. Funny how something so utilitarian can make you smile.

OMG, functionthenlook, I've got to get that garden tool!

• Related Discussions

Living with a remodel you're not happy with

Q

Comments (8)
    In the past 15 years of our marriage, we have done countless remodel/upgrade/fixes to our house. We have spent more money than I thought I could possibly spend on a house. At this point, we have stopped adding up because the actual total amount acknowledged would lead me to a panic attack. In order for me to redo something, it depends on how much money there is in the bank account and what else I want/need to do with that money. There is a lot in the house that is not perfect but I live with them as is. My rationale is that it is better than how it was before I remodeled. At this point is my life, I spend more money on 'experiential' things and less on 'material things'.
    ...See More

Not particularly good news

Q

Comments (14)
    I approach gardening from a "pick and choose" approach. Many people wouldn't call the way I do it organic, and both casually + realistically it isn't...but my non-organic addition, pretty much the only one I use, is the few tablespoons of chemical fertilizer per year in my in-ground garden beds. I know how/when to apply my fertilizer and I get my garden's soil tested every 2 years (I live in a state where it's "free" based on fertilizer taxes). I'm using fertilizer more responsibly than many people, organic or conventional...especially the "lawn people" out there who can get downright scary with over-application. I take what's both useful and convenient to me...and for me that means a bit of chemical fertilizer. It also involves nearly daily scouting of my plants and taking care of issues ASAP, whether that involves clipping leaves or removing plants showing disease, breaking out the insecticide soap, or simply smooshing/washing issues away. I also have my compost and I mulch thickly with straw...straw which later becomes compost since it's very easy to replace it for free post-Halloween when people are getting rid of bales. Yes, I could overcome that chemical fertilizer issue, but it's quite convenient, powerful, accurately stable in it's nutrient content, and if wisely used will lead to minimal runoff/leaching issues. Yes, that makes me not an organic gardener, but that doesn't mean I can't use aspects of organic systems to improve my garden. Some stuff simply works...*shrug*
    ...See More

August is ADMIT YOU'RE HAPPY MONTH OBF

Q

Comments (148)
    Thank you Margo!! Finally packing up prizes and such for August swaps and it's GREAT to see someone using a gift you've sent. Made my day! I didn't pop in on your hummingbird question on the other thread as I have a couple of Anna's (they're the hardiest) that overwinter here - or at least do until there's a few snow storms. I'd keep feeding until you don't see one for a week or two - you might get stragglers who stayed close to feeders migrating late.
    ...See More

Have you tried any new products/food/clothes that you're happy with?

Q

Comments (137)
    Thanks! Oakley -yay for Aquage! That brush looks amazing. Funkyart which style do you think runs wider? My feet feel much better. My left foot doesn’t hurt at all anymore when I have them on. The right foot still does but I suspect it will take awhile for that foot to settle down. I really need a pair of comfortable (standard work with almost anything black) boots/booties but don’t really like their styles. Theres one that’s ok but I wish the toebox was shaped a little different. Going to order more sandals. Im going to look into some of the other sandals mentioned here too. Thanks Eld. Yeon -The small bottle (they have a large size too) has a dropper and I just put a drop on the applicator and run it along the top. Another drop for the bottom and drop right at the beginning of the spooly brush to use on my brows. It sounds like a lot but I have over half a bottle still. I don’t recommend brushing the oil on the lashes with the spooly brush (mascara wand) because the oil is so thick it just beads up. It’s kind of gunky feeling but doesn’t irritate the eyes at all. I do it right before bed and sleep with it on. In the morning I just rub my eyes. It seems some of its absorbed in because there’s less. ETA - Thanks for suggestions about exercises. I was thinking there was probably stretches or something I could do to help. I'll check it out. Justerrilynn -They look great! And nice ZZ plant too.
    ...See More
  • matthias_lang
    2 years ago

Mesh metal glider on my front porch bought from Target about 25 years ago. We've spent many pleasant hours sitting out in spring, summer, and autumn, just enjoying the peaceful evenings.

• functionthenlook
    2 years ago

Marilyn, we have a non non self propelled push mower to cut the areas the diesel tractor can't get. We bought it used.

• lucillle
    2 years ago

My air fryer.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Lucille I just got an air fryer for Father’s Day. A Ninja. It’s on my counter awaiting a try-or-return decision. More and more people seem to be liking them.

• Jasdip
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hands-down my most favourite item is my Cuisinart countertop oven. I use it all the time. And it's big enough for my 10" cast iron skillet and I can bake 2 loaves of bread in it.

All the talk about air fryers, I decided to jump in with that too. I recently won a $200 gift card in a raffle, so that made my decision.

I wanted a square basket not the round one so I bought a 6-quart Vortex Instant brand, same makers as the InstaPot. Damn thing didn't even come with any kind of recipe booklet. So I have to search online for hours. Frustrating that it couldn't even put a few basic recipes in, like frozen fries, etc.

I do want to use it for roasted veggies. They say baked potatoes are amazing in it, so I did that last night. This was my maiden voyage with it.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I bought these magnetic hooks originally to use in my house in Cathedral City (which has a tiny kitchen with limited storage), but then I bought more to use here in L.A.:

I wanted them mainly for hanging oven mitts, as I found this extremely useful in the other house. These are right next to my stove now:

which makes it very easy for me to get them right when I need them. Before, I had them stored in a drawer, and it was much more awkward to have to open a drawer to get them. I also hung the spatulas that I use most often. I have twice as many in Cathedral City, but I just noticed that I can buy twice as many at Amazon now for less money, although the newer ones will only hold 60 pounds instead of 100 pounds, but I think that is strong enough. We keep some of them on the barbecue in the patio, for hanging barbecue tools.

the food on the stove is a potato frittata that I made yesterday.

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

Mine isn't self propelled, but it is easy to push. If the grass wasn't so tall, I could walk very fast behind it.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Ace Hardware had these dandelion diggers. LOVE IT!

My favorite spatual is by Carlo Giannini. I've had it a "long" time! It's solid SS w/ a hook on the end. THIS bobbin holder is a cool find I love! ♥

• functionthenlook
    2 years ago

Lars, I also used the metallic hooks on the side of my fridge up at camp. I have my measuring cups, measuring spoons, funnels, and pot holders on them. The other side of the fridge they hold a couple flash lights. At home I have tea cup hooks on the inside of the cabinets for that stuff, but the cabinets at camp are too thin and the screws would come through the other size.

Wow, you just gave me an idea. Maybe if hubby is willing (he will be willing) I will have him cut some sheet metal to mount on the inside of some of the cabinets for the hooks.

• maggie200
    2 years ago

This site is wobbly tonight. I can't dictate or change pic but i love my boots.

• arkansas girl
    2 years ago

I love my push mower, well as much as you can love a mower...HAHA! I've never seen the need to have self propelled mower. I got mine from Lowe's a few years ago, it is a Troy-bilt. Easy to start, easy to adjust the blade height. It is very easy to push...I can't see why I would need it to pull itself? I am not a strong person, nor am I young. I can remember many MANY years ago, trying to push my Dad's old mower and it was hard to push, but today's mowers are lightweight and simple to push. I've been using a push mower for close to 40 years! Our lot size is 1/4 acre subdivision lot, I have it mowed in an hour and a half with taking breaks along to way.

A favorite item we just got is a battery powered weed eater! We got a Black and Decker brand, it's SOOOOOO much better than gas. I could hardly use the gas one, so hard to start and so heavy and grass would fly everywhere...I hated to weed eat! Now it's almost a pleasure to do! Also got a battery hedge trimmer, very nice and easy to use. Same brand as the weed eater we got so we can interchange the batteries.

I have found Persil sensitive laundry detergent recently. It has become the only thing I can use that doesn't make me itch. I've tried all the cheaper brands and they all make me itch, even the Tide sensitive one started to make me itch...I guess they changed up the ingredients...UGH!

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

^^^

I was happy with my mower, but the new thing I’m happier with is my landscaper. I resisted forever thinking it’d be too expensive, but when a guy doing the neighborfood approached my wife and offered $35 a week I succumbed. Between mowing, edging and blowing they blast out in under a half hour what would take me well over two. And I’d still have to drive to the dump and pay $2/bag disposal. My time has been reclaimed for trimming and weeding, etc.

(ETA - Just realizing landscaper is a service not a product but I’ll leave it as something new.)

• Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

Maybe if hubby is willing (he will be willing) I will have him cut some sheet metal to mount on the inside of some of the cabinets for the hooks.

I don't have the ability to cut sheet metal, but I just bought a 12" x 18" piece of galvanized steel that I mounted in my home office so that I can put up magnetic organizers where I want them. But if it will give him joy, maybe he should cut them himself ;)

• graywings123
    2 years ago

I bought this spray bottle made of glass that is working out for me. Less than $4 at WalMart. I decided to try it after having several plastic bottles fail on me.

• Alisande
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I’m enjoying all these great responses! My grandsons tried the popsicle tubes yesterday. At first they said the popsicle wouldn’t come out, but I told them to hang out in the sun, and they would soon melt enough to move around. Success! Except I’m giving up using concord grape juice for popsicles. Too colorful! Even with the “neat” tubes, the two boys managed to drip . . . a lot.

I’ll look for Tom’s dental floss. I’ve often wondered if the slippery kinds of floss actually do any good. I bought the Dash mini waffle maker for my granddaughter last year when she moved into her new apartment. I’m glad to know it works well.

Raee, I saw only two Amazon reviews of the Dove shampoo, and one of them said it made her scalp itch. So far so good for me, but I had only the sample, and I used it only twice. Lone Jack, I’m sure many of us are ready to join you on your fishing boat’s maiden voyage! We’ll bring Ci_lantro’s fishing reels. 😊 Fun2BHere, those “adult popsicles” sound good!

I would like to get a new push mower for a couple of small sections I can’t mow with the riding mower. But mine would have to fairly heavy-duty as those areas of my rural property aren’t the most civilized. Plus I need electric start. I permanently damaged my right shoulder years ago from pulling a lawnmower cord too many times. I looked into electric mowers and other lightweight models, but the reviews convinced me I need something more substantial to keep the rough weeds down. I won’t have a lot of use for it, but I can share it with my son and daughter-in-law. I’ll probably get another Toro “Personal Pace” electric start mower like the one I used to have. Personal Pace simply means the harder you push, the faster the mower goes. (Duh . . .) It’s more of an assist than true self-propulsion.

Nicole, your bobbin holder looks like my cats’ ball track! A couple of years ago I bought two boxes of pre-wound bobbins—all different colors—for a 20-year-old granddaughter who loves to sew. I think it cost me $15, and her dad said she acted like it was the best present ever. She must dislike winding bobbins as much as I do.

Graywings, I’ve experienced plastic spray bottle failure more than once too. The glass bottle looks like a good idea—provided I don’t drop it. 😊

• Lars
    2 years ago

I bought this box of bobbins this week, and now I'm afraid that it might be difficult to get the bobbins out of it. The round bobbin holder looks more practical. At one time, I kept bobbins on a block of wood that had nails on it to hold them. It's very easy to wind bobbins on both of my sewing machines, but that's not the case for all machines.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

I have a Black & Decker corded electric mower that I am satisfied with. I wanted corded so that I wouldn't have to deal with battery charging - I don't find the cord difficult to manage, no more than I do with my vacuum. My 100' cord reaches all of my yard. This mower definitely takes a bit longer than my old LawnBoy, since it is neither as wide nor as powerful (so I have to push a little bit more slowly to mulch well) but it has the advantages of not having to ever do anything with it other than plug it in, unwind the cord, and squeeze the handle - and sharpen the blade from time to time. It is light too.

• Alisande
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Lars, the pre-wound bobbins I bought for my granddaughter came in boxes that look similar to yours. I bought them for myself too, and the bobbins are easy to remove.

Today I'm excited about Kanopy, a streaming service I'd never heard of before last night. It's free--to join, you need a current university email address or a library card from a participating library. There's a monthly 10-movie limit, I think, but their kids' collection is unlimited, and so are the Great Courses. I joined with my library card.

Here's PC Magazine's review of Kanopy

• Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

Kanopy is a great resource - our library also offers Hoopla, so maybe yours does as well. It offers different types of videos to stream, but it broadens the offerings. I recently watched the 2003 TV movie version of Our Town on Hoopla.

• ci_lantro
    2 years ago

I bought a magnetic bobbin holder at a rummage sale. I love it. Like this one, except mine isn't quite as long.

Also have a few bobbin holders similar to these that I like, too.

• Mrs Pete
    2 years ago

Oh maybe my Kindle paperwhite, I really like it

I have the "generation" before the Paperwhite, but my Kindle is one of my ultra-favorite possessions. I'm on my second one, the first having given up the ghost after years of use.

I like the little Dash mini waffle maker I recently bought. It makes a perfect sized waffle for me and it takes up very little room.

I bought this for my daughter's college apartment. She loves cute little foods, and now I'm addicted to the thing. If you eat low-carb or Keto, you can find LOADS of recipes on Pinterest.

"I doubt many of you would use a push lawn mower."

We used to have a push mower. It was real work.

Other products I adore:

My silicone lids. I have this big sunflower and a medium-sized poppy and lily. They can go on top of frying pans or storage bowls. I want to get some small sizes next. They wash up easily and fit any size pot /pan, and they save a bunch of plastic wrap.

This is a small thing, but Gatorade 2 and GZero powder sticks (no sugar). My husband loves Gatorade for working out, but it's quite expensive, and I greatly dislike throwing away a thick plastic bottle after one drink. These powder sticks from Amazon are significantly less expensive, and we have saved about six Gatorade bottles, which we re-use time after time.

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

I also love my battery powered yard machines, weed eater, chain saw, and trimmer. Makes life so much easier.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I love my outside power tools that runnoff rechargeable batteries. I have my own gas powered chain saw but seldom use it any longer, especially since DH bought a smaller Ryobi and a long handled trimmer i can use much easier than the heavier gas powered thing. I can use the 4 amp hour battery which is smaller than the larger 6 amp hour battery and lighter weight. I now have a shrub trimmer too and DH has sevral other tools that use the same batteries, so we always have a line-up of batteries ready and waiting. We have a lot of grounds to mow, so he uses a large riding mowe, but he bought an electric mower for the trim a couple of years ago. He loves it. If he needs my help i use the riding mower, but i am the gardener and he is the lawn guy.

In the kitchen, i love my Cuisinart immersion blender. It is one item that is used almost every day and i will replace it quickly when it dies.

• sjerin
    2 years ago

I bought some light arch supports that go around the whole foot so I can use them barefoot or with sandals. I can't wear enclosed shoes in the summertime as my feet heat up too much. I love these things! Friend is adamant I shouldn't wear them as muscles will atrophy but I'd rather be dependent on some sort of arch support than not be able to walk. I know my pain comes about by walking around the house barefoot. Oofos are on order (can't find other pair I bought 5 years ago!)--though even they might be too hot for house-wearing. Anyway, these small arch supports feel great.

• llitm
    2 years ago

"Friend is adamant I shouldn't wear them as muscles will atrophy...."

I'm curious, sjerin, what is your friend basing this on?

Also, are Oofos arch supports or a brand of shoes?

• Jasdip
    2 years ago

Oh Mrs Pete reminded me of my favourite gadget. I can't boil potatoes or pretty much anythng without it boiling over. Years ago I bought a silicone lid that the centre part is flexible. If water boils up, it pools in the lid. No more messy pots and stove.

Not long ago I bought some silicone lids to store food in the frig. I don't like them, they don't cling to the bowl when it's cold. Fine at room temperature. I did buy some wee ones to put on top of my coffee mug, or sitting outside to keep potential bugs out of my drink. I just never think to use them!

• salonva
    2 years ago

Great thread.

Mrs. Pete or anyone who uses that G zero. I tried to look it up and it is unclear to me what the sweetener is. Can anyone shed some light? thank you

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago

I read one of those Buzz Feed articles on Apple News that listed various products on Amazon that people are very happy with, and one of them was a set of Mellanni bed sheets. Our mattress is 16" deep and we have a 3" topper on it, so it's difficult to find sheets with deep enough pockets to fit. These sheets in the "regular" fit mattresses up to 16" thick, and they also have extra-deep sheets that fit mattresses up to 21" thick. Since the King size extra-deep set (flat sheet, fitted sheet, two pillow cases) was only $49.97 I bought a set. And, at the time I got them (last week), there was a coupon for $5 off! These sheets are rated 4.5 stars with 232,903 ratings. They were delivered the day after I ordered them. We washed them and put them on the bed right away. They are very silky and very comfortable.

• socks
    2 years ago

I occasionally cut myself on the finger (especially when cooking). It's hard to keep cooking when bleeding, and sometimes it's hard to get finger cuts to heal. I've found these really helpful. (My friend calls them "finger condoms.") They can go on over a bandaid.

AmazonSmile: Flents First Aid Finger Covers, 12 Count, Large Protects Finger While Healing From Injury: Health & Personal Care

• socks
    2 years ago

I have a few of those silicone lids, and they are handy to cover bowls which don't have their own lids. Saves using saran wrap.

Mrs. Pete...thank you for thinking of plastic waste.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

lindsay, I followed your link out of curiosity about how a set of king sheets could be so cheaply priced.

Answer easily found - this product is made of inexpensive microfiber. Not a quality natural fiber like linen or 100% cotton, both of which can be pricey. Many don't like or want any kind of synthetic material in their bedding. I think you get what you pay for.

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago

elmer, I thought you had vowed a while back to ignore anything I post.

But, because you are so curious about me, my life, and what I do, I'll give you this additional bit of info. When I said, "we" washed them and put them on the bed right away, I deliberately misstated the truth. It was my husband who took care of that. I was in the hospital undergoing another cardiac procedure and the hospital said that upon discharge, I was to go home to freshly laundered sheets. These were easy for my husband to put on by himself. And they are very comfortable to sleep on.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

THIS I do LOVE! I purchased a Sulky thread carrying case. I organized ALL my thread by color;. I purchased a smaller one for just shades of black, grey and white.

Note: I looked up prewound bobbins. Bernina says their bobbins are machined, not stamped and using another type effects the way the machine sews. I've had this problem when I accidentally mixed them up between machines. The bobbin thread tension is too tight.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago

"Many don't like or want any kind of synthetic material in their bedding."

Right, and other people like the soft feeling of microfiber.

Thank God we don't all like the same things!

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

"elmer, I thought you had vowed a while back to ignore anything I post."

I don't take notes, mental or otherwise, about particular things or people. One thing I do remember is I think you've said similar things about me a few times before. I may have commented that I wouldn't be provoked by comments seemingly intended to be just argumentative but honestly these are not the kinds of things I remember or pay much attention to.

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I wish you a full and complete recovery.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

Yes, Toronto V, but I'm surprised that someone who seems to want to present themselves as being environmentally conscious, though sometimes inconsistently so, wouldn't suggest microfiber materials be avoided because of the known environmental damage they cause. Selective concern?

• ci_lantro
    2 years ago

My new something. Prime Day special, arrived on Thursday.

Kraus KHT410-33 Standart Pro Drop-in Topmount 16 Gauge Single Bowl 2-Hole Stainless Steel. Single bowl with right corner drain. (Actually it is a dual mount, either top or under mount,)

Started the install on Friday and finished up Saturday morning. Was going to re-use my trusty old Delta faucet but it wouldn't work because it needed three holes on the deck to install & the sink has only one hole for faucet install. So, I heigh-hoed off to Menard's and bought a Moen Adler stainless steel pull down faucet using gift cards from Christmas 2019 and 2020.

After buying the sink and digging into the reviews, I was bummed. Reviews telling me that

Amazon's description was wrong--that the sink is 18 gauge, not 16 gauge. So I went in wait & see mode, thinking I would probably return it. FF, the sink arrived & I fell in love. It is plenty sturdy--not practical to use calipers to determine gauge because the entire sink is undercoated. Not tinny sounding--actually very quiet. Drains very well. It replaced a 33" .Kohler 60/40 cast iron sink and looks like a swimming pool in comparison.

The drain cover is pure genius!

You can leave the strainer basket in place and still use the drain cover. The cover is slightly elevated so water drains freely with it in place. So, instead of cleaning out the strainer 5X a day, I clean it out once every couple of days.

I did not think that I would like using a sink bottom grid, thinking debris would get hung up on it. Wrong on that account (but haven't tested it with corn silks and spaghetti.) In practice, I don't mind it and it is proving to be useful.

So far, so good with the Moen Adler. I'm still adjusting to the control lever. The pull down nozzle swivels so I don't even have to pull the nozzle out to rinse the entire sink bottom. I haven't needed to use the pull down feature as of yet but am sure it will be nice when I do need to. But a big improvement over the side spray--because the hose on my side spray was always getting hung up on the water valves under the sink.

I was looking forward to using a sledge hammer on the old Kohler and sending it away in the garbage pickup recyclables. Asked DH for a tarp to put down on the driveway (easy cleanup of glass slivers) but he says he wants to haul if off to the scrap yard instead. :-( I feel cheated--that old stained behemoth owes me some sweet revenge!

Anyhoo, I am as happy as a pig in poop to have taken a big step into the 21st century!

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

Pull down faucet and single basin sink - 2 of my favorite elements of my kitchen remodel! (to be truthful, nearly every element is a favorite, but still...)

sjerin, I have also had to start using gel supports for long walks - I don't think it has to do with muscle strength in my case, it is injury to the connective tissues. I do still do my foot exercises, to keep plantar fasciitis at bay and the muscles in my feet strong.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

ci_lantro....Kraus packaging is part of it's AWESOMENESS. ;0) The black washcloth. I have several. ENJOY!! ♥ This is the Kraus I'm using. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the Grohe Ladylux 32283D faucet.

• ci_lantro
    2 years ago

Nicole, I didn't get the washcloth with mine but I was supposed to! Is it a microfiber cloth?

Yes, the packaging was top notch. The sink was even bagged in a drawstring bag made out of some non-woven material. Haven't a clue what I'll use it for but hung onto it and hauled it up to the sewing room.

Nice sink and great looking faucet that you have.

I've read almost nothing but good things about Kraus sinks. I sure am happy with mine.

• nicole___
    2 years ago

ci_lantro....Thanks! Maybe. I've received a black 100% Egyptian cotton terrycloth washcloth & a microfiber one. The name Kraus is embroidered on it in white, with a grommet hole to hang it. It's for washing off makeup....or a golf ball washer. I used the non-woven bags as a liner fabric for face masks. ♥ I remember mailing one to Moni. ha...so long ago & it was just last year. I like Kraus grids, they're SS.

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Nite Ize Gear Ties - I have used them for all sorts of things, from a temporary tie back for a curtain to securing things like grocery bags and coolers in the the bed of my truck. I use them to tie stuff onto my saddle, I've used small ones in place of carabiners to hook things to my belt loop or bag, I used the small ones as an emergency hair tie and I keep some in my travel bag. The pic is just a sample of the sizes. I have a few that are longer for more heavy duty uses too.

• Mrs. S
    2 years ago

I just love these threads. I found something I would recommend, but partly just so I can follow the thread!

Anyway. I have, since late teens, been fanatical about sunscreen. I do use mineral sunscreens if I'm expecting to be at the beach or outside in the sun. But just for daily use, I love, love, love Banana Boat Light as Air. It is economical, truly lightweight and nonsticky, and my experience is that it's doing a great job. I'm using it every day.

• joann_fl
    2 years ago

I got these recently and I really like them. bought off eBay

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    2 years ago

Not trying to be dfficult, but microfiber is an environmental disaster. Microfibers hae been found just about everywhere no and it is in the water you drink and the oceans, rivers, etc. I would like to see it banned.

• sjerin
    2 years ago

I feel the same, Cyn.

• Alisande
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I've read about microplastics being in the oceans, etc., but I guess I didn't read enough because I didn't connect it with microfiber cloth. I'll have to look into this. I'm more of a cotton person, but I bought some microfiber cleaning cloths years ago and still use them.

• terezosa / terriks
    2 years ago

I don't usually go for single purpose containers, but this avocado keeper really works well!

You place the cut side down, without pit so that it's flat against the bottom, then the top goes on and the silicone top stretches to seal over the avocado keeping the cut part tight against the bottom so that air doesn't get to the cut side. I took a picture of an avocado half that had been in the refrigerator for 3 days. It has a tiny bit of brown on it that was easily shaved off. It's especially nice that it's easy to clean, and stores flat. I found mine at TJMaxx, but they are for sale on the A store.