SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edieallie

What past job or experience do you feel shaped you?

OllieJane
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Even though I don't work outside of the home now, and haven't for years, I had a job auditing insurance for banks and credit unions and lending institutions for years. I had a boss-a MEAN big (not heavy) and tall German lady-who was tough on me and others. I'm not sure she'd get away with her "tell it like it is" personality in the current working climate...well...maybe in my state she still would, but that is what I appreciated about her. I guess she saw potential in me. I eventually became the head regional auditor in charge of training and hiring and unfortunately firing a few people. I respected and learned from her so much. She wasn't out in the field, so she didn't have the forte' of actually working with a lot people, like I did, but that job was the one that showed ME what I was really made of-and I remember wanting her to be so proud of me and to respect me, that I worked harder at that job than any other. I was single when I started working there and the last couple of years I was married, and due to all the traveling, I felt it was best to go into the office to work instead, to be home at night, so I did that for about a year before leaving the company. It was really hard to leave, but I am not the kind of person to be holed up in the office either. Anyway, that's my story.

Comments (20)