SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

Dodged a weather bullet…..

sherrygirl zone5 N il
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We dodged some bad weather here last night, damaging winds and a tornado a few miles east of here. It has been a few years since tornado weather went through the area. My gardens got 1 1/2” of much needed rain. Eenie Weenie had first blooms today and showed off with a clump!

Banshee Whisper had first bloom two days ago.

Through Dark Waters started last week. This one was a bonus and wasnt sure if it would make the cut, looks similar to others here. It is staying, its a nice purple with 7” blooms and this plant has not been affected by the weird weather the past few years. Its showing some teeth on the petals.

Coyote Moon had 5 blooms today but I couldnt get them all in the frame.

When Pigs Fly had first flower today. This was a bonus from Selman. Frankly, I am disappointed by his plants here. Slow to establish, has not increased budding. This season the scapes are extremely short and it appears the blooms will be smaller. The sad part is its growing in a good spot, it may leave.

First bloom on a favorite here, Tall Dark Stranger, what a great plant!

First bloom on Sunday Gloves yesterday, its blooming earlier than the norm here.

Tyger River had first blooms last week, has been slow to establish here. This is probably the best color I have gotten on a photo, close to what I really see.

Sherry

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County