SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_conley71

Second living room?

Nicole Conley
2 years ago

We've just purchased a home and I'm trying to put together in my mind how we'll use the space.

Right when you walk into the front door, there's a large living area that blends into the entryway. This is the room I'm struggling to design. The layout of the room/walls/windows make it so this doesn't make sense as the room with the TV. I'm kind of picturing a comfy living space where we could entertain guests for drinks and conversation or we can play with our toddler during the day (but definitely not a play room since it's right in the front of the house).

Then, you walk around the corner through the kitchen and into a dining area and second living room with a fireplace. I think I picture hanging the TV above the fireplace and making this a small cozy space to drink wine/coffee and watch TV or the fire.

Any layout suggestions for the front room welcome! Then again, we're planning major construction in the basement plus a remodel to some undecided degree in the kitchen, so I'm also open to some remodel ideas too (especially in regards to the layout of the kitchen and related walls that separate the living spaces from the kitchen).

Attaching my very rough and not at all to scale layout sketch plus a few photos of the home (staged furniture).

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio