SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970571763

Quotes June 20, 2021

don_socal
2 years ago

Robert Fulghum Quotes
American - Author Born: June 4, 1937

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
Robert Fulghum

Solitude is not the same as loneliness. Solitude is a solitary boat floating in a sea of possible companions.
Robert Fulghum

Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.
Robert Fulghum

The solution to alone-ness is not more solitude, but companionship and community.
Robert Fulghum

All I really need to know... I learned in kindergarten.
Robert Fulghum

Sticks and stones will break our bones, but words will break our hearts.
Robert Fulghum

My goal now is to dance all the dances as long as I can, and then to sit down contented after the last elegant tango some sweet night and pass on because there wasn't another dance left in me.
Robert Fulghum

Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Robert Fulghum

The world does not need tourists who ride by in a bus clucking their tongues. The world as it is needs those who will love it enough to change it, with what they have, where they are.
Robert Fulghum

Children are sent to school to be civilized, to learn to be part of the social enterprise.
Robert Fulghum

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world it is best to hold hands and stick together.
Robert Fulghum

If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience.
Robert Fulghum

The examined life is no picnic.
Robert Fulghum

I've always thought anyone can make money. Making a life worth living, that's the real test.
Robert Fulghum

Clean up your own mess.
Robert Fulghum

Share everything. Don't take things that aren't yours. Put things back where you found them.
Robert Fulghum

To be human is to keep rattling the bars of the cage of existence, hollering, 'What's it for?'
Robert Fulghum

If you want an interesting party sometime, combine cocktails and a fresh box of crayons for everyone.
Robert Fulghum

It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and our air force has to have a bake-sale to buy a bomber.
Robert Fulghum

The winding down of summer puts me in a heavy philosophical mood.
Robert Fulghum

You are free to give life meaning, whatever meaning you want to give it.
Robert Fulghum

I've always made a clear distinction between making a life and making a living.
Robert Fulghum

I believe it is in my nature to dance by virtue of the beat of my heart, the pulse of my blood and the music in my mind.
Robert Fulghum

I fear the boredom that comes with not learning and not taking chances.
Robert Fulghum

I talk about very serious human affairs but with a lightness of heart.
Robert Fulghum

Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories. Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart.
Robert Fulghum

Patterns of repetition govern each day, week, year, and lifetime. 'Personal habits' is one term we use to describe the most common of these repeated patterns. But I say these habits are sacred because they give deliberate structure to our lives. Structure gives us a sense of security. And that sense of security is the ground of meaning.
Robert Fulghum

Everything we do in our growing up has been done before. But it needs recognition and validation each time for each one of us - public, private, and secret.
Robert Fulghum

'Who do you think you are?' That's the big one, isn't it? A flourishing life depends on how you answer that.
Robert Fulghum

Do you notice that all presidents have a dog? There is always a First Dog. Or two or three. You have to have a dog to be president, I guess.
Robert Fulghum

My secret agenda is to convey my values to my kids.
Robert Fulghum

On a very local scale, a refrigerator is the center of the universe. On the inside is food essential to life, and on the outside of the door is a summary of the life events of the household.
Robert Fulghum

Play fair. Don't hit people. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Robert Fulghum

I wanted to be a citizen of the world but not in a superficial way.
Robert Fulghum

Most of the time, a kid doesn't think about what he's doing or why. This is the privilege of childhood.
Robert Fulghum

You feel like an ant contemplating Chicago.
Robert Fulghum

I don't think there is a hidden purpose to the universe that you have to puzzle out.
Robert Fulghum

Any fool can make enough money to survive. It's another thing to keep yourself consistently entertained. It's a lot of work, and a lot of fun, to make a life.
Robert Fulghum

I believe in dancing.
Robert Fulghum

I think my writing is part of my ministry.
Robert Fulghum

No. I was an only child.
Robert Fulghum

'Maybe.' There's our word. The wisest answer to ultimate questions.
Robert Fulghum

Weddings seem to be magnets for mishap and for whatever craziness lurks in family closets. In more ways than one, weddings bring out the ding-dong in everybody involved.
Robert Fulghum

Comments (3)