SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenzie_mendenhall

Variegated Tulip Anthurium Identification

I got this beautiful violet tulip anthurium from Hyvee last year and it's doubled in size since I got it and continues to produce more and more beautiful, extremely pigmented flowers. I had a bought with spider mites recently and when I went to spray this lady down with some neem mixture and clean the leaves I noticed a couple of the newer leaves grew in funky, from stress I imagine. But the newest leaf literally made my jaw drop. It's a deformed leaf but it's variegated with multiple colors, this is visible from the underside and a thin stripe of white runs down the petiole. From everything I understand that means this is real variegation, but I cannot find ANY information anywhere online. I've tried searching so many different topics and forums but I can't find anyone else who has a tulip anthurium that has variegation on its leaves. Since I couldn't find anything I wanted to post a few places and see if anyone had any information for me. The variegation is absolutely beautiful and my plant is actively growing so I'm eagerly waiting to see if it produces another leaf with this coloration. But are variegated flowering anthurium a thing?

I have not edited this photo in any way, it was taken under a grow light where this plant lives. I can provide more photos if necessary.

Comment