SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_132871919

Kitchen Cabinets - Stacked Uppers

Christina A
2 years ago

Hi there!
I purchased a pre-construction home and I am currently in the design process. I would like to seek design advice on my kitchen upper cabinets. Some info:

• Ceilings are 10’
  • I am deleting the bulkhead and increasing the height of the uppers to ceiling. Uppers are 39”, stacked uppers 18”
  • Cabinets are symmetrical with 4 on either side of range hood
  • I prefer a cleaner modern/contemporary look. We are leaning towards shaker style cabinets

Unfortunately the cabinet supplier only offers these standard sizes. My preference would have been to delete the stacked uppers, and increase the height of the uppers with a small bulkhead/small crown moulding.

May I ask what option you would choose for the stacked uppers, purely based on aesthetics? Note, I prefer less glass to clean and I really don’t care to display anything in my cabinets. I won’t be able to reach the stacked uppers easily and am more inclined to use them for storage (items needed infrequently).

(1) Install glass inserts and puck lighting for all stacked uppers (again, my least favourite option)
(2) Install glass inserts for the two sets of stacked uppers on either side of the hood
(3) Do not install any glass inserts or puck lighting
(4) Not confirmed yet, but we may be able to change the stacked uppers to flip ups. Acknowledging these cabinets won’t be used frequently, and the flip ups will not hit the ceiling.

Many thanks!!

Do not install any glass inserts or puck lighting
Install glass inserts and puck lighting for all stacked uppers
Delete stacked uppers and replace with flip ups

Comments (10)