SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_693778518

Undisclosed Dual Agent.

kinthenorthwest
2 years ago

Today on a Friday I signed with an agent and strangely had my first showing per the agent's request.

Later when I asked in a text why no "For Sale" sign I felt like her response back was a bit strange.

Her text back was "Can I show your house to same people to her husband on Sunday. I'll put a sign up on Monday."

In my area it is a very hot market for homes! I'm getting the feeling that my agent is not really representing me but the people she brought in today!

Do believe she is hoping her buyers can get a better deal by making an offer before the home is even technically listed, since most likely in this market there will be multiple offers. Multiple offers is probably good for me, but would be bad for the buyers, especially if she has more of an interest invested in them.

It was only through some research that I realized that what my agent is doing is called being a "Dual Agent". However she is technically being what they call "Undisclosed Dual Agent" for she never informed me that the people walking through were her clients..

Any input would be appreciated.

Comments (142)