SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

First Bloom of the Season

daylilybedmaker
2 years ago

I have the first bloom of the season and it will be a while before I have any other different ones. You will have to pardon the weeds in some of the pictures, as I have not had time to really tend to the garden. Just prior to Thanksgiving, I had to have emergency cardiac surgery as my mitral valve separated from the heart wall, which created all sorts of problems. The surgery went well, but my breathing was a challenge and I wound up on ECMO. You can look it up if you want more details, but my blood had to leave my body to get oxygenated and warmed and then re-enter my body. Then I contracted COVID-19 as a door prize. So all of this and my recovery put me about 3 months behind on projects around the house and the garden is the last thing to get attention. Enough of my story.

Drum roll please........

Stella in Yella

I plant this were it can be deer food. Once I see that it has been nibbled on, I start my spraying of the garden with Repels All. This year, they took a different approach and nibbled on OUR FRIEND OLIN and left with one untouched scape. This means war!!!

David

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH