SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonniebrownhair

Will this kitchen cabinet design throw off symmetry of eating nook?

bonniebrownhair
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Help! I have a dilemma regarding kitchen cabinets. We are doing a completel remodel of our kitchen and wanted to extend our base and upper cabinets a bit in order to get more storage space, but I realized today that that might throw off the symmetry of our eating area and make it look weird.

Here is the current space. I've always thought it was strange that the previous owners did not extend the base cabinets and uppers to match the length of the countertop, but now I realize that may have been done in order to make the eating area look balanced. Notice how the wainscoting extends about the same distance to the left and right of the window because some of the wainscoting is visible under the countertop overhang:

Here are some pictures of the kitchen and our adjoinging homeschool room (on the other side of the half wall) so you can see the whole space we are working with):

I'm going to ask my question in the comments because this website has glitched and deleted my question twice already...

Comments (13)