SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popmama

Hoya lovers level of excitement

I was visiting my friend's nursery today. He has some amazing hoyas and over the years, I have acquired cuttings of everything he has, including a cutting from this ridiculous obovata.

I've shared with him as well. When two large hoya carnosas dropped into my lap and I didn't have room for two, I gave him one. He's been using it to propagate and sell ever since.

When I got some rarer hoya cuttings last year, I gave him one of each to raise in his greenhouse and do as he wanted with them. I saw one of them today, mind you, this was a 2-leaf cutting when he started it and look at it now (I'm so envious).

Bhutanica, look it even has a long vine already.

He said I could have it back but I don't feel right. I gave it to him!

Today there was a new level of excitement. There was a visitor there today who is 94. She explained she has an extensive collection of cactus and succulents (not my thing). But then she mentioned she has some very large hoya specimens. One of which does not have an ID. She said the leaves are very very large. She swore the name was something like macdougii. That name didn't ring a bell for me. But I did tell her that I would love to have a cutting of it whatever it is. She said she would bring a cutting for me and for my friend who owns the nursery. And she was going to send him pictures later today. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what it is. I can't wait to have a cutting whatever it is!

Will keep you all posted!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions