SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piaa

HELP .. turn this yellow & green house into something beautiful please

piaa
2 years ago

We are doing a major remodel of our 1925 Historic home in Florida (with Historic approval) and we can change the color without permission .. whew.

The current exterior wood trim around the windows is rotted and the tiles cracked and falling apart (when you get close) and although we love the color as it makes us smile, we are not yellow and green people and as we are making this change we are going in a new direction but I can't for the life of me figure out what direction it should be ... HELP PLEASE

I had some hand painted tiles made but when they arrived they are more of a purple tone than the blue that I thought they were and we still like the tiles but can't figure a trim color so I went in search of new tiles and found the attached (surprisingly hubby loves them) so what color trim and door do you think?

We would love a trim color that is fun but leans more towards an elegant feel with a door color that is classic (have always thought black high gloss but am totally open) I am more of a neutal color girl (OK I am afraid of color) but trying to branch out of my comfort zone - the color of the house will remain white. Attached is the new blue tile as well as the current "purple" tile.

If you are still reading ... thank you

Current house colors (see the yellow and green tile either side of the window on the right)

New Blue Tile Option ??

Comments (45)