SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
need2seegreen

how do i straighten/re-program a hose?

Howdy!

I think it is rubber - in better light, it is reddish. It has lasted many years, in full sun, on a reel. So, I guess I do appreciate it. (And actually, the reel it has been on has lasted too - except, the little connector hose leaked so badly I finally disconnected it ... the mfr is behind in production bc of covid ... could I get a generic replacement, I wonder?)

Anyhow, so, I took the hose off the reel because it is semi-drought here and it was spraying water all over.

As you might imagine, it was all coiled and bent when I took it off. (It also has a couple spots where it kinks.)

I stretched it all out and I thought I could leave it out in the sun for a couple hours tomorrow - is that a good idea or a bad idea? I just want it to relax and be a regular, non-reel hose again.

There are a couple spots where it doesn't lie flat. I fiddled with it but could not solve the problem.

I ask because I feel like there is a right way and a wrong way to deal with hoses, and I'm never quite sure I am doing it right.

Anyhow, tomorrow I'll just put it into a normal little circle on the ground ... while I research looking for a generic smaller hose/leader hose?/connector hose for the reel.

What do other people do about such problems?

Comments (7)