SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_430507696

Buying new house….hate kitchen

Melissa Wilbanks
2 years ago

What would you do with this kitchen?!

We are purchasing a home and want to renovate the kitchen before we move in but the layout is giving us issues. IF anyone has any ideas as to how we can have a great kitchen, please share your thoughts. We are willing to take down walls. It can be the wall to the family room or dining room or both. Where we have problems is that the kitchen is offset from the family room. I like the idea of an island but My husband also likes to have a small kitchen table to use when we eat dinner. He doesn’t always like to sit at a bar…..but he does like an island/bar for entertainng.

I will upload the picture of what it looks like now. I will also upload a picture of the plans I took that the seller had on the table at the time….it isnt a great picture but gives you an idea of the layout. Then I will also upload a picture of the dimensions. We are fine with moving, eliminating or changing windows or doors if the design works. (We also plan to extend the hardwood floors from dining room and den into the kitchen so it is cohesive.)

The kitchen is roughly 19x13. The family room is 15x 21. Dining room 15x10. Living room 18x13

Comments (17)