SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mokedout

What can I plant in these side areas? Zone 6b

mokedout
2 years ago

Back side area

Front side area

What are some things that I can plant in these areas? The front side area is self-contained and I would like to plant some stonecrop and maybe ornamental grasses and something colorful. My goals are to have a native pollinator friendly garden. I also noticed a few neighborhood cats and I want to make sure I'm not planting anything harmful. The backside area connects to my neighbor so I want to make sure I don't plant anything that will be invasive to their yard.

This is my first spring here and I am officially garden obsessed and overwhelmed. I want to plant all the things. I am doing some container gardening on the deck as well. I would also like to get some stuff in the ground.

I want to get rid of grass wherever I can. I idiotically paid someone to clean and re mulch the garden beds in the front. They ended up using weed and feed and mulched right up against the trees which I now regret and am removing. I would like to be able to compost the grass going forward. They also used landscape fabric which I have been removing.

Comments (2)