vatinator40

We messed up our kitchen remodel! Need advice!

vatinator40
11 days ago

We recently decided to replace our old kitchen cabinet doors and have the cabinet frames and doors painted. Since everything looked so dark before we wanted to brighten up the kitchen. The problem is we have an open floor plan and now the kitchen doesn’t match the living room and dining area. The kitchen looks cold and the rest warm. We used to have a bamboo floor in the kitchen that looked better with the white cabinets and felt warmer. We ordered this horrible vinyl plank floor since the bamboo was damaged so we replaced it. I wanted to match the floor to the living room but hubby didn’t so we ended up with this light ugly floor. This floor has dark grey areas in it that we didn’t see when we looked at samples. I wanted more brown tones or the same wood we have in living area. I hate it! This totally clashes with the tiger wood floors we have in our living/dining area. I don’t know how to bring it together or if I should redo the kitchen floor. I thought about trying to add some wood elements to the kitchen and maybe brown lighting fixtures and wood table to tie it in and then lighten up walls in living are but not sure it will help. I have no idea how to fix this but it’s making me nuts. Should I redo the kitchen floor or try to add warmth to the kitchen and maybe lighten up the walls in the living area? Please help! I loved my home before even though it was darker and now I don’t want to be there. It’s so sad. I hate to waste all this money but I just can’t live with it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (12)