Molokai
Purple Stokes
Japanese/Hawaiian Okinawan

Order Type:

Unrooted Cutting

Rooting Cutting

Fully Rooted Cutting in Soil Plug

Please PM me with your order so that I can quote a price and shipping

The Murasaki Sweet Potato variety is a purple-skinned Japanese sweet potato with unique white-flesh and a distinctive nutty flavor. The purple beauty's soft white flesh is loaded with vitamin C and dietary fiber and will be a summer standout in your garden and kitchen. Robust, Murasaki is resistant to both southern root-knot nematode and Fusarium root rot.

Molokai sweet potato is a purple-fleshed variety that was developed in Hawaiian. A signature type on the islands, but seldom offered elsewhere. They are much higher is antioxidants than the traditional orange fleshed variety that most people are used to.

Stokes Purple sweet potato is a unique variety with purple skin and rich purple flesh that intensifies when cooked. Aside from its unique bold color, Stokes Purple® contains a high level of antioxidants, making it unusually healthy and nutritious. These sweet potatoes offer a well-balanced sweetness, and are also an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber.

Okinawan Sweet Potatoes: Believed to have come from the Aztecs of South America with the Spaniards to the Philippines and China in the 1490s, the plant of these sweet potatoes did not reach Japan until the 1600s. The initial planting was in Okinawa—the southern island of Japan—before they were cultivated throughout Japan, hence the name. Eventually these purple tubers ended up in Hawaii and became a part of the native menu—they are also known as Hawaiian sweet potatoes. With a creamy, beige skin on the outside and bluish-purple flesh on the inside, these sweet potatoes are grown in Hawaii for the U.S. market. Okinawan sweet potatoes have a mildly sweet flavor with notes of honey and a dry, very starchy texture. According to The Blue Zones by Dan Buettner, consumption of these potatoes is correlated to living a longer life.

Each purchase will include FREE GOODIES of seeds and heirloom tomato cuttings (SPRING ONLY): Your choices of Asian cucumber, Winter Melon, Echinacea Purpurea Cone Flower, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Asian eggplant and MORE.

NOTE: I ship extra cuttings/slips with every order just in case some don’t survive the mail
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If there are at all any issues or questions, please contact me so that I can resolve any problems!

PLEASE FAVORITE ME AS A SELLER AND CHECK BACK AS I PLAN TO OFFER OTHER AMAZING SWEET POTATO VARIETIES ALL YEAR LONG

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

ALSO FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT TO ME FOR ANY SPECIAL AND CUSTOM REQUESTS!

Comment