SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_942340382

Tecumseh OHV 130 (206820D) surging after carb & breather replacement

HU-942340382
2 years ago

Just replaced the carb for my Tecumseh lawnmower engine to address some leak. While carb was off found breather tube was cracking and likely cause of leak. Replaced all gaskets on carb and breather tube cover and lawnmower started fine. Before replacing these there was no surging but now, especially at low throttle, the is some surging. I don't have much experience you can offer will be good.

Comments (5)

• HU-942340382
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Just thought of items I forgot to mention... The new carb came with new fuel and air filters, an on/off valve and new spark plug. I replaced everything except the spark plugs which seemed to be different size. I also added in the on/off valve that wasn't there before.

• tomplum
    2 years ago

Check the static governor adjustment. Basically you loosen the clamp on the governor arm, ensure that the governor arm, governor shaft and carburetor throttle plate are at wide open throttle, then tighten the clamp. Be gentle, no force needed.

• loger_gw
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Tom,

We need to retire! Was it your Barn and Etc Maybe with "The Golden Look", with a Hill in the Background. "Calendar Quality"! Maybe a Cart or Wood Shed?

Loger

• tomplum
    2 years ago

No kidding! Are you thinking of the guy with the old Bolens? Best to you Loger!

• loger_gw
    2 years ago

A Nice Barn with Wood Sheds Attached.