SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nassar_zidane

House layout challenges

Nas Zidane
2 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm about to renovate my house which I recently bought and moved into, while doing that I wanted to change some of the issues in the layout and wanted to ask your opinions about few things before making final decision

Current layout:

The house used to be a smaller 3 bed 2 bath, they merged the two 10*10 bedroom on the top and made it into on 10*20 and converted the garage with a big bedroom with an unfinished bathroom. few things that I don't like are

1-the wall behind the fridge and the bar raised island is cutting the are between kitchen and living room making it kinda closed

2- When you enter the house u see a wall right in front of you

3-The entrance to What used to be a garage and now supposed to be a master bedroom is from the kitchen and you have to pass the utility room too

My new layout Idea is below with below changes:

1-Make the 20*10 bedroom smaller 14*10 I believe and the living room bigger, also resolving the entrance to the wall issue

2- Removed load baring wall and put a kitchen Island in the middle to make the space open

3-Make the master bedroom entrance from the other side to be less in the kitchen

4-change the small patio door into a big slide door since I have a nice open view in the back of the house

I'm trying to make those changes with best results and with least expensive way

Few things I'm debating are

1-Should I push the kitchen all the way to the corner so when you enter the house you're not close to the kitchen? or should I make the kitchen more centralized while it stays a bit closer to the house entrance

2-Would the entrance to the washer/dryer be okay in the middle of the kitchen or should I change the washer/dryer closer to the master bedroom entrance ? and make the old washer/dryer space into a small closet or include it in the bathroom

3-Whould the resized bedroom look okay with both windows next to the wall in the corner ?

Few facts about the house:

-Around 1500 sq-ft

-In the DFW area of Texas

Any tips or opinions are appreciated.

Comments (12)