SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_428551548

Negresco Honed Granite

Hello,
We just got Negresco Honed Granite installed for our kitchen countertops.
It is a beautiful stone. We knew that having black countertops would cause us to have to clean more. We were prepared for fingerprints and such. But since this got installed we have had surprise issues.
First, there was a haze and swirly cloudy patterns that we couldn't remove even with the top of the line granite cleaners so our contractor came and resealed it himself which helped. Then I was making a dish with lemon juice in it and the minute I got some on the counter there were rings that look like etching. We were horrified! I've never had granite countertops etch from lemon juice before. Both our contractor and the place where we got the granite said that shouldn't happen. And they both seem to be putting it off on the other. The store says it must be the seal, recommended we try a magic eraser (didn't work but definitely dulled our countertops more) and the contractor just keeps saying it's a very sensitive stone.
Has anyone had this countertop and have you had any issues with it? Also looking for general advice.

Comments (9)