SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

If you have POTS

Alisande
2 years ago

I tried searching for a KT discussion of POTS, but all i got were threads about Instant Pots. :-)

I haven't felt right for a couple of months, and the symptoms so varied--each with several possible causes--that it confounded even me, an ace self-diagnostician. I have a routing cardio appointment tomorrow, but it seemed unlikely my heart was involved. Although it could be. It seemed more likely my nervous system was involved. And/or my chronic Lyme. And/or my chronic babesiosis. But why the extraneous symptoms? And why has it gone on so long? Lyme/babesia flares usually last days, not months. I have an appointment with my PCP next week, and I was going to load all my questions and theories on him.

Then this morning I got an email about an often overlooked medical condition afflicting long-haul Covid patients: POTS. I'd sort of heard of it, but knew nothing about it. I read the article, and then a list of symptoms from the Cleveland Clinic, and there it was--what I've been experiencing for all these weeks. It looks like the cardiologist is the best place to start.

If you've had POTS, what has your experience been? Were you treated? Did it eventually resolve with treatment? Or on its own?

Thanks!

Comments (18)