SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kes4753

Romaggi Plot Bourbon? Hermosa? Or...?

Kes Z 7a E Tn
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

In the last several weeks, I've lost 5 roses to voles. I came out in the morning to find a rose leaning over or wilted. It was rootless, every root chewed off. I am trying to salvage a couple but it doesn't look promising.

My Romaggi Plot Bourbon was one of the victims. I had recently moved it because it was struggling to a spot where a number of other roses had done very well, too well, in fact. They were moved when they blocked a busy narrow-ish pathway between our house and the back yard.

The spot faces east in a sheltered ell and receives sun only until 3 or so. This began as my pink rose bed but also became my China rose bed because it's the one place they do well. The spot is directly behind my foundling rose, so a new rose must play nice.

I wonder if I should switch from RPB and try something else. Would Hermosa work well here? It's a pink China. Or???

Spreading and sprawling won't work. Overly thorny roses won't work. I prefer older roses and don't go with many HT's, HP's or Austins because they do so poorly in my no spray garden.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio