SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Dining tables and unmatched chairs

Sueb20
2 years ago

Tomorrow DH and I are starting the search for a new dining room table and (probably) chairs.

We are meeting with a local place that makes custom tables from reclaimed wood and a large list of options for legs. Some examples of legs I like, below. We’d be looking at metal in a black or bronze finish, probably.

My concern is whether the metal legs will read too modern in my Victorian/eclectic house. Ignore the tops, we would be choosing our own top. Probably an oak or maybe walnut but I don’t want too dark.

For wood legs, I like the legs below but wouldn’t do black.

The other piece of furniture that matters in the room is my red vintage sideboard, which is staying!

The living room is open to the dining room and has a couple of Stickley (oak) mission pieces. Medium to dark stained oak, mostly. The table we‘re replacing is dark oak, and I’d like something a bit lighter.

If I decide to not go with the custom table, I like this Stickley table a lot. Easy enough to find chairs for this table, since Stickley has at least a couple of oak chairs that I like.

But, if I get the custom table with a metal base and an oak top, I am (so far) not finding any chairs that I like. Anyone have any sources for comfy and nice oak dining chairs? Or walnut?

Other thoughts?

Comments (94)