SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westes

How Do I Get Exact Dimensions in Microns for SE Sifting Trays?

westes Zone 9b California SF Bay
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

There is a company on Amazon selling extremely cheap sifting trays. These are well made thick plastic. They stack on top of each other securely, and they fit a five-gallon paint bucket perfectly. I cannot find any website for the company "SE". They may be part of a larger conglomerate, or maybe they are just a small business that sells most of their products through large distributors like Amazon. Does anyone know where I can get data sheets on these products that would give me the exact dimensions in microns for the openings on each tray? I do NOT think you can simply convert the stated opening in inches to microns. Those marketing summaries of opening size are often inaccurate.

Normally in a sifting tray, you have to account for the size of the wires and the number of wires per inch to determine an exact number in microns. Visually, the SE 1/20th of an inch sifter looks about the same size as another tray I have from a manufacturer who has a 1/30th of an inch sifter. The SE 1/30th of an inch sifter is FAR smaller than the 1/30th of an inch from the other manufacturer. That is just one example of why getting an actual size in microns is important if you want to compare products across manufacturers.

Comments (6)