SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_884243501

Meyer Lemon Tree Dying

Mary Claire
2 years ago

Hello! I’ve never used any kind of forum before so hopefully this works!

I’ve had this meyer lemon tree for ~3 years. we have had our share of ups and downs. I bought the 1yr old tree in 2019. That year I had unexpectedly moved & had to dig up the tree that was planted in the ground. Obviously it was not happy, dropped all its leaves, and didn’t bloom for almost a year after. I had initially potted it with soil from the ground it was planted in & in spring 2020 I changed the soil to something less compact since the initial soil was very dense & causing root rot. Again it dropped all its leaves but made a quick recovery. I even had my first big fruit that grew about the size of golf ball.

About 3 months ago we had a somewhat severe cold front & I had to move the plant inside for ~1 week. Again all the leaves dropped but this time there has been no recovery at all. The branches have started to die off & I am worried the plant is dying. I have no clue what to do at this point. I worry that re-potting it will shock it straight to death. I recently drilled additional drainage holes and have been fertilizing once a month.

It gets full sun and lots of rain. I’m in growing zone 9. Any advice would be so appreciated. It feels silly but this tree has been a constant through a lot in my life and would be devastating to lose :/

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH