SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

The Good & The Bad

I woke up to DE NESTING DAY of the Benwick wrens in my organ pipes. I love them their twittering are amplified. I noticed loud activity on my back porch and went to find my 2 cats intent and cognizant of the take off but they were being buzzed relentlessly by MOM and POP. Tow fledgelings were hopping around on the ground with wings all in a whir. These cats saw entertainment followed by a tasty snack in their immediate future. My cats lept for it but so did I I grabbed the cats (one being 19 lbs of brawn) and ran them hissing and clawing into the office. The parents were all bumping the babies into the air and up into the trees down the hill. 2 more birds poked their heads out of organ pipe . I Watched them take off tentatively to the nearest tree. I could hear mom and pop down the hill with the original two. These two got up higher and higher and moved into another live oak; calling to their parents. I saw mom come in and herd them out. I let Lionel and George out and gave them a second breakfast. I think everyone's satisfied maybe not happy. The two are out with full bellies lying under a plant shelf. That was the good. The bad was me stepping in a livid nest of fire ants in bare feet. They got me good. But I did get 6 pink salvias and 12 Ageratina havanense planted that had volunteered in my vegetable garden and in the rock around my shed.. The seed for the salvia came from the San Antonio swap so thank you... There's my good & the bad all in a day... have you got it going on too?

Comments (12)