SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucieanna28

Marvin Elevate vs. Andersen 100 Series

lucieanna28
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi there! First time poster here and hoping to get some advice.

I am remodeling my 1960s ranch house in Southern California. It's a classic U-shaped house where the patio doors look out to the backyard. I've received several bids for windows and sliding patio doors from Milgard, Marvin, Andersen, and Sierra Pacific. I fell in love with the look and feel of Marvin Elevate windows and doors - you can tell that they are of amazing quality. Unfortunately, the price is more than I am hoping to pay (over $40k for 14 windows, and 4 patio doors). I am comfortable with investing in the Marvin Elevate patio doors because they will be the most important part of the house and get a lot of use.

My question for you: is it a mistake to go cheaper on the windows to save $6k? I am looking at Andersen's 100 Series for the windows, because I could save $6k, instead of going with all Marvin Elevate. I know these aren't comparable products because Andersen is a fibrex material. So maybe relatively, it's not a good deal? Also, I have looked into Marvin's Essential line, but I want grids, and they don't make them on the exterior of the glass. Would be great to hear your thoughts!

The main patio doors I will be replacing (8'0" and 12'0"):

The exteriors of the windows are not that visible, so maybe not worth investing as much.

Comments (12)