SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Spring and Daylily Season

shive
2 years ago

Getting my gardens ready for daylily bloom season was hard this year because of a knee injury I got at the beginning of March. The knee still hurts when I bend over for very long, so not nearly as much weeding got done as I would like. Some days I can still barely walk. I had the knee x-rayed and the doc says just arthritis flare-ups, so I'm on meds for arthritis pain and swelling.

It looks like bud counts on the early bloomers will be low again - partly because of late freezes and partly because of so little rain in April. We had the second wettest March on record, but the dryest April ever recorded for Nashville. There's been little more than sprinkles in May, as the rain always seems to go west and south of us.

On the up side, I have more than 50 seedlings with scapes that will have their first blooms soon, including at least a dozen first-year seedlings. I'm excited to see those in the coming weeks.

Here's Lightning Round again, today with a much better bloom.

Dragonfly Dawn had its ffo today, but the bloom looked bad and was down in the foliage.

Debra

Comments (15)