SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joseph_corlett

Should I Dump Her?

I took a $1,000.00 deposit from a lady for her kitchen sink replacement recently. My supplier had some difficulty getting the sink shipped to her, so she started calling me repeatedly. I assured her the sink was on the way and that this was out of my control. She called me last Thursday and went off the hook complaining that she spent the entire day at home the day before waiting on the sink. This is nonsense as this isn't a wine delivery that requires an adult signature.

She was already on double secret probation from her previous calls; this one threw me over the edge. When she again wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise, I screamed into the phone that we were done and that I was refunding her money. I felt much better. I have great customers and they give me a very low tolerance for bull$#!t.

I wrote myself a note to remember to cut her a check, but didn't get around to it yet. Well, guess whose sink arrived yesterday and guess who called me all sweet and syrupy this morning asking if we were still on for a June installation? Damnit, I usually never schedule an install until the sink arrives in perfect condition, but I'd broken my own rule this time.

It caught me so off guard and I was in such a better mood that I told her "Yes."

Am I going to regret this?

Comments (64)