SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_955880221

Caregiver feeling like venting?

Michele
2 years ago

I sure do.

I don’t ever see much action on the caregiver topic. I‘m surprised. It’s hard.

My mom is 92. Legally blind due to untreatable macular degeneration. She had heart valve surgery back in 2005. One replaced, two repaired. She’s on 8 medications.

Over the years she’s slowed down little by little of course. The last few months however, there is a marked decline.

I have my husband, three kids (daughters, 29 and 26, son 20, one sister and one brother.

My husband helps me the most. He helps with errands.

My oldest has a 10 month old. I try and help her where I can. We remained inside each other’s bubbles during c19 on purpose. Her husband does work out of the country 6 weeks on/ 4 weeks off. Not an easy situation for a first time mom with an adorable but restless baby. (He’s the apple of our eyes, but man! This kid doesn’t care for sleep! He’s none the worse for wear but my daughter is)

My mom! It’s getting worse.

Just about a month ago, my sister and brother came to see her. My sister stayed a couple of days. My brother came over to mom’s for dinner. They hadn’t seen her for months. I could excuse because of c19, but honestly, even without they wouldn’t have come.

They said they would try and help. My sister by visiting once a month (she lives 4-5 hours away). Brother by visiting once a week. Sister takes care of the business end of things. I do everything else. Brother? Not much. He’s got health issues himself. (They don’t seem to stop him from doing other things in his life.)

I am exhausted.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions