SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
101newkitchen101

Hardware Help! Searching to beautify my new space!

101newkitchen101
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello!

You guys have helped me every step of the way so far, and I can't imagine being this far without the information I've gained. Number one...I'm a complete novice at this, and number two, I am SO indecisive. So it's been so helpful!

It's time to start thinking about hardware! And I need help!

I know it can transform the look of the cabinets, and didn't realize how much until I actually started looking through photos. A pull can look different itself vs when it's installed into the kitchen. Some that I thought I liked end up looking too heavy installed, or a multitude of other things that I can't put my finger on!

Here are some things I've realized I don't like:

I don't like when they are too long on the door or drawer (maybe it looks too modern?)

I don't like when they are too rounded, because I think I like the "newer" more transitional style.

I don't like when they are too bulky, because they look heavy and more masculine.

I don't like when they have too much overhang (pocket catcher).

I don't tend to like circle knobs. But could be open.

I veer towards feeling like I want all pulls, as I don't love knobs as much. But if it makes sense I might be open to it.

Originally I thought I wanted really long bar pulls on my drawers, but looking though more photos I don't love the long look. I LOVE the double pull on drawer look, but not sure about actually using those drawers with two handles. I worry about heavy pot drawers because I know I'd usually be pulling with one hand. So I love the look, but don't know if I would love having them.

I think I prefer the pull to have a straighter line feel, but not sharp or modern. Nothing too curved or rounded.

Here are some photos of my space so far:

I am going to be installing this range hood painted to match the cabinets.

And I'm 95% sure this is the backsplash I'll be doing, which will go all the way up the range wall and the wall next to the fridge:

So, the one thing I know is that I'd like champagne bronze/gold hardware.

I feel like my cabinets are clean lines and shaker, but the rest of my house and decor doesn't really mimic that, but I don't want to go too traditional with my hardware. If I had to describe kitchens I like it would be transitional, and new new table and chair set is considered a "coastal" look.

Can you guys help me with some hardware ideas???? I'm open to any suggestions of styles that might work well, as well as if I should do all one size except for on my drawers? Would knobs be way better than pulls on the uppers (even though I'm leaning towards wanting pulls there). Should I do one large pull or two pulls on my drawer banks. I'd love to hear any insight from those who were worried about it and then did it anyway. Does it end up making it harder to pull heavy drawers out when you are grasping with the one small handle? Seems like I often have something in my hands when opening a drawer.

My drawer banks are 36, 33, 30, and 16.5.

My cabinet company included hardware with my purchase, but my choices are limited. Here are a few of their options. I would be open to NOT using these and purchasing if there is something that would be better. But I'd like to stay in the $12 per pull or under range if possible. I have 46 cabinets!

Here are a few that were offered by the cabinet company, though some could be an upcharge:

I'm not sure what it's called, but I may be drawn to the ones that have a slight "something" at the base, kinda like this? But not sure if this creates a "heavy" look.

I know hardware can be somewhat of a personal preference, but I can see how they transform the look, so I want to make sure I stay within the look that suits the rest of my space.

And lastly, in case I tire of gold or want to switch pulls at a certain point, should I try to stay in a line that keeps their center to center the most popular widths?? Like 96cm/128cm, etc? I see those measurements a lot, so that way I'd have options if I ever want to change.

Looking forward to hearing any thoughts, insight, or ideas!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida