SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jnhayes62

Kitchen design help

jnhayes62
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Here is the first run through with our designer. I like it, but don't love it. Also before I get into it please note this is our existing footprint. As much as I'd love to we do not have the budget to move anything around.

Here are the points I don't like:

1) the back wall of upper cabinets. I think they are too big - around 42 across if I remember correctly? I am leaning towards going with smaller cabinets so I can have three doors because I like the look of things in odd numbers.

2) The island looks sooo boring. So boring. Right now we have a microwave drawer at one end which left room for a mixer lift and that's it. Lots of false door fronts so it just lools blah to me. We were brainstorming and thought about maybe putting the microwave drawer on the far right of the back wall and put the drawer storage over on the island next to the mixer lift. Thoughts on this?

I just can't spend this kind of money and not ne totally in love and excited and I am not there yet.

I feel like these pictures make my kitchen look wider than it is. I only have 40 inches of walkway on either side of the island. If anyone has any amazing ideas for my island I am all ears!

Comments (23)