SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_249188696

36" or 48"? Range or Induction Cooktop?

JN1355
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

One wall of my kitchen is going to have a 66" wide fridge. I'm leaning towards the Fisher and Paykel side by side. It's under $6k and will give me more room than I have now (I just can't downsize to a 36" counter-depth and the 48" fridges are too expensive). anyone have experience with this one?

The adjacent wall is about 175" long and will be parallel to an 8ft island with sink. I have my heart set on a 36" induction cooktop and am fine with double wall ovens. However, the kitchen team is recommending a 48" range to look balanced on the wall and the huge fridge. I can do the 48" zline range for minimal cost and high impact design wise, I'm just sad to lose the idea of the induction cooktop. Also, if I go wall ovens I can get a few features like steam oven, air fry, self-cleaning. All of that would be really compelling for me.

I agree that a 36" range might look too small, but would a 36" cooktop with 42" wood cabinetry hood look ok? I've thought about a 36" induction cooktop with 12" gas cooktop side by side to get that bigger 48" look... I'm just doubtful that will work cabinetry wise.

Edited to Add: Here's the updated design with 36" induction cooktop! Would love any feedback :)

Comments (6)